New York-Hudson Valley
Options

homestyle bakery brides

Is anyone using homestyle bakery for their wedding cake? I just got a call from them. Originally they had discussed using fondant on my cake. Now, the lady, Julie, just called and said that they don't use fondant on ANY of their cakes. Basically, I wanted to make sure that is accurate from anyone using them or anyone who has used them.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: homestyle bakery brides

• Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! Perhaps I should clarify.... I meant on the whole cake:)
  • Options
    navybride06navybride06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them in Oct 2006. I was so happy with them. They told me back then they try to avoid the fondant on the WHOLE cake but the taste isn't always the best. They do accents with the fondant. I had little dots going up my cake. Picture in one of my bios forget if it is the knot or nest one. I went there to order and design and tasted the fondant as the icing and did not like the taste, the icing they use is super smooth and looks like fondant though and tastes MUCH better. HTH
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lawyer- you are a View bride right? My wedding is Nov7th there..when do you think Howard will call to discuss linens and food? I'm sort of fed up with him..everytime he contacts me its for a payment! I'm sick of paying and not getting service! Should I just contact Homestyle myself or do I go through Howard?
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenny- wow I've had a completely different experience. Although I do typically call him and I did call him myself to set up the appointment, he's been nothing but helpful to me when I call, he even let me come in and use the dance floor to practice FI and I's first dance and I've gone back to tour with different family members at least 3 times. To be honest, there's not really much to do with the venue until shortly before the wedding since I think the normal time for linens and food is 1 month before. I think it's that way so that you've already picked colors and such. If you are worried though, call him and explain to him that you want the appointment to be earlier. That's what I did because I was living out of the area at the time.Also, I think he usually does 2 separate appointments if you want a tasting, which I did. My tasting and linens were done in 1 appointment because I was only in for a weekend.I also contacted homestyle on my own. Once I found out the View used them, I just set up an appointment with them myself and did all the cake stuff. They will tell you if you have to pay extra for special things (i.e. my cake is made up of suitcases). Oh and I think they only do appointments on Saturdays.Let me know if you have any more questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very helpful...thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards