Michigan-Detroit

Linens in the Metro Detroit Area

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the Knot. Does anyone know of any good linen vendors that charge less than $2.00/pp for chair covers? I have contacted Sposa Seating and Chair Covers by Hana. Hana hasn't been very responsive and Sposa doesn't have my secondary color, which means either I have to change colors or find another vendor.

Also, how important do you think chair covers are? I'm trying to maintain a budget for the wedding, but I'm finding that it's more and more difficult. I know I could probably do without chair covers, but I think it just looks more elegant. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks!

Re: Linens in the Metro Detroit Area

• Loretta at Linens and Beyond's price list says her chair covers are $1.75:

She seems to have a pretty good selection. Personally, I don't think chair covers are necessary, but I guess it depends on what the chairs look like without them. 

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Sposa but we're just using one of my colors (champagne).  For the rest of our colors we are accenting with purple flowers.  I think you can just use one color for your linens!  But I don't think they are very important...I think there are a lot of other items I'd rather spend that money on!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    I  hate chair covers and think they're a waste of money. Usually the covers extend so far down on the ground that you're stepping/tripping over it and it's a nuisance.

I personally went without, but it all depends on what you want.
  • I'm using Sposa Seating as well, for $1.75/cover, and the communication has been wonderful so far!
    Anniversary
  • Does your venue offer chair covers? That is what ours does and its convienient, and very similar to prices of outside vendors, we also don't have to worry about anyone collecting them. there is a place in wyandotte and in racking my brain trying to think of the name for you. Maybe try googling it. But even without chair covers it will be a beautiful wedding!
  • Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I've been going back and forth about whether to do chair covers. I'm expecting around 210 people, so at $1.75 it would be around $367.50 for chair covers. I am not happy about spending that much, especially since it could go towards something else. But I am concerned about ambiance. I'm having my wedding at Penna's of Sterling, and I've seen rooms decorated with and without chair covers. I think the chair covers do make it look better. However, Penna's doesn't provide a linen service. I guess I will just have to mull it over. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards