New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Help with colors?

I want my girls to wear black dresses then accessorize with a light pink but my fiance doesn't want his boys to wear pink (too girly) or black (too plain).  My dress is ivory so he will be wearing ivory.  Any ideas for what might look nice with this color palette?

Re: Help with colors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What time of yeasr is your wedding? Do you have as theme?
  • Options
    kittykat956kittykat956 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always try jazzing up the black tux. Try finding a fun tie that can have black and pink or different shades of pink. That way it's not all pink. Or maybe use unusual pink flowers for their boutineer. That way it's not overly pink or overly black.
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about silver?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding is in early May and we don't really have a theme.  Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is later may and I'm doing the same colors, black and pink, and my dress is ivory.  Our guys are going to wear the classic black tux and my girls are wearing black dresses. I happen to be a bit boring and like the plain and simple.But what about instead of a boutinerre for the guys you dress it up with a funky hankerchief?- in silver or pink, or a black and white (ivory).  I know your FI doesn't want pink, but that might be just a touch instead of a pink vest.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would probably do silver or a grey if he doesnt want to do pink.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a simple girl too :) I thought about silver but I wasn't sure if that goes with it. Will it be ok with an ivory shirt?thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This tends to be debated here, but just because your dress is ivory, the guys do not need to wear ivory as well. I personally find ivory shirts to look off in photos. I will be wearing diamond white, and FI and the guys will be in white.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what color shirts are the other guys going to wear?  If they are wearing white, then silver will work.  If they all wear ivory then I would say no to silver.  I think its ok to put FI in ivory and let the guys wear regular white shirts. :)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our girls are wearing black dresses and using pink to accessorize. Our ties for the gm are going to be black pink and silver. Our other color is lime green, but I didn't want to use it in the attire. Also, the dads are wearing silver in their ties.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kittykat956kittykat956 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as the ivory shirts go I had the same question. My dress is ivory so the tux shop my Dad is renting from told him to wear an ivory shirt or it will make my dress look horrible. Well when we went to the tux shop for my FI and the GM well he had a couple of them put on the ivory shirts with the purple vests and had my FI put on the ivory shirt and vest and then they all did the same thing but with white shirts. Personally I didn't like the ivory shirts when I saw them all together. They looked dingy against the black and purple. For my FI I really like the contrast of the white with the ivory. It really made the pattern on his vest look great. I think it's really a mater of personal opinion. I think you should take a trip into a tux shop and look at a few things. When we did that it really helped clear things up. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah definitely look at both ivory and white shirts. I don't see how a white shirt could ever make an entire dress look dirty - I really don't buy that at all. It's a dress, there's tons of fabric. I think maybe it's because it's just a shirt and it's smaller (and it's up more closely against other colors), but ivory shirts look off to me.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jhow213jhow213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm color scheme is black and ivory damask with accents of fuschia. My girls will be in black dresses with fuschia flowers wrapped with damask fabric. For the guys we're going old-school and doing bow-ties and no vest. Their boutonnieres will be fuschia for a kick of color.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls wore fuschia and the GM wore silver vests and ties.  I think MH wore a color between white and ivory since my dress wasn't pure white but wasn't quite ivory either.  Just check when you go to the store to see what they have.  I thought the silver looked good on the guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards