August 2013 Weddings
Options

Hair and Makeup HELP

My sister found this amazing salon just outside of the town that the wedding is in. They close the salon and have brunch and mimosas and each girl gets their own consultant so there is no waiting. I was set on going with this salon. I told one of my bridesmaids about it and let her know the price of hair and make up and she thought that it was too expensive. Now hair for bridesmaids is 75+. Every place that I have looked at is around the same if not more. The bridesmaid found someone who does updo's for 30 and will travel but doesn't do makeup. I don't want to have to worry about doing my own makeup. I'm not sure what to do. I want everyone to get their hair/makeup done together but now I'm in a tough spot.
Any suggestions?

Re: Hair and Makeup HELP

• Options
    That sounds really fun! It is a sticky subject though.
    Do they allow girls not getting their hair/makeup done to just come in to hang out? What if the BM got hers done earlier then met you all there? Unless you're paying for the girls to get their hair/makeup done, it's hard to require that they get theirs done at a specific place (price). Is there someone who does makeup that could also travel to you and your girls?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ashelton09Ashelton09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    That's a hard one. Like the PP said it would be hard to require all the girls to get their hair and makeup done by a specific place because of the money. Is there a way she could get her hair done and then meet you there? I'm not sure what the style of your wedding is but could she just have her hair styled proffessionaly at the same salon as everybody and not put into an updo for cheaper? I would call the salon and see if they could work something out for her.

I would say it also depends on your other bridesmaids opinons. Have you asked them what they think about it? If they all find it too expensive I would try to find somebody else, but if they all think it would be okay, maybe you could work something out for the one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree; you can't make her, but there should become way to make sure she's with you when you're getting ready. I know for my BMs, I am making using the hair and makeup person optional. If they choose to use her, they can pick between a "hair style" or "updo," with the hair style being about $30 less expensive. If she wants to have her hair done somewhere different, maybe you could say "great, can you meet us at the salon at 3:00 pm for some girl time while the rest of us get ready?" That way it's all up to them how much they want to spend, but you can still have everyone together while you get ready.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advise. The other bridesmaids are fine with it. It's not that I would be making her get her hair done at a certain place it just that I would like everyone to do it together. I think I found a better option that will make everyone happy. Hopefully it works.
  • Options
    Glad you found a good solution!  If you just want everyone together that should definitely be doable.
  • Options
    I'm paying $250 for my hair and makeup (airbrushed makeup, lash extensions, etc.). Anyone else who wants their hair and makeup done, it will be $60 for both, which I think is a screamin' deal. Obviously they won't have airbrush or lashes, but it's still a good deal IMO.

I'm paying for my girls' dresses so they can use the money they would spend on dresses on hair and makeup, if they want. If they want to do their own, I'm good with that too.

Sounds like you found a solution that works!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards