Michigan-Detroit

Mom's ideas for shower favors...oy... XP from Moms and Maids board

Okies...
Here have been Mom's ideas for shower favors...
Kitchen shears.
Mini rolling pins.
Jars of straight pins.

I understand I don't get to plan my shower, but there will be children present.  Am I wrong to be squeamish at the potential for bloodshed and/or hematomas that these favors offer???

*sigh*
What's wrong with Hershey's kisses in cello bags, I ask you???
December 18, 2010!!! Never thought I would be a winter bride; just hoping we don't get snowed in until AFTER the wedding!

Re: Mom's ideas for shower favors...oy... XP from Moms and Maids board

• edited December 2011
    Yikes, yeah that is potentially dangerous. I am sure that the parents would keep an eye on their kids, but kids are so sneaky!

Also- if I received a jar of straight pins as a favor I would not know what to do with them...i might gently suggest those kisses :)
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, I wouldn't use any of those.  I would eat any candy that was provided though.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My SIL's through my shower for their side of the family, and they gave out mini wisks and heart-shaped measuring spoons.  Cute, but what the heck do you do with a miniature wisk?  

I helped a bit more with the shower for my family, and put together these really cute little soaps that said (and yes, I totally stole this from Brandi): "Thanks for making Carolyn's shower so great!  We hope you have a great shower too!"  They were a big hit. :) [PIB]

Candy is also good.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards