Michigan-Detroit
Options

DJ problem :( I need advice!

We thought that we had found a DJ.
  Emailed them to see if they would hold our date for us until Jan 6th or 7th, until we can get a deposit in..

They say 'NO PROBLEM, but send in your signed contract now before the bridal show on the 9th"l
So i email them back and say "well, i plan on attending the show on the 9th, was wondering if i could get the bridal show discount?"

No word from them..Funny because they were some fast to get back to me when I said I wanted to book.

This DJ company has GREAT reviews on every website, and voted best at WDIV and Wedding Wire...
I just dont know what i should do.

I kind of just want to show up at the bridal show and see what they say, another part of me wants to find a new DJ.

what to do?
Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*

Re: DJ problem :( I need advice!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    IMO, if you wanted the bridal show discount, you shouldn't have signed a contract until it was very clear that they would honor that. It is difficult to get deposits in, but from my experience, the vendor really doesn't have to hold a date for you unless they have a deposit and a signed contract. I would get the deposit in to them if you choose to go through with them (which I would not) and then work out the bridal show discount. If the discount is really that much, then do it, but there are quite a few other DJ's out there that will not screw you over. GL
  • Options
    zantsterzantster member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you were trying to get them to guarantee a discount before signing the contract?  If so, they might be trying to decide whether or not to grant your request and that's why it's taking a bit longer for them to get back to you.  Maybe try one more time to get in touch by leaving a voice message (some places are sort of also slow cause of the holidays).  Then if you don't hear back from them then move on.  I had to switch from one planned DJ to another due to some contract issues myself.  But it all worked out.  Good luck!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long has it been since you sent the e-mail?  I've been giving vendors a little extra time since it's the holidays and you never know what is going on.

You could forward your old e-mail back to them just inquiring to see if they got it and it didn't go to their SPAM filter.
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I never signed the contract, it wasnt until i mentioned booking that they mentioned the bridal show.
    Last tuesday we met with them, wednesday morning i emailed them and asked them to hold our date (they do a complimentary hold ), that afternoon they emailed me back, and said they would but I SHOULD sign the contract and send it in before the bridal show.

So then, i emailed back right away and questioned IF i could get the bridal show discount, and nothing. So it was last wednesay, and nothing...

No contracts signed yet!....
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    zantsterzantster member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I had erratic responses from the first DJ I was considering as well.  I was super close to signing with them, but after feeling like I was pursuing them instead of the other way around I went with another well known company who gets great reviews. 

But in your case I'd still say just do either one more email or voicemail just in case there was a technical malfunction.  I only say that because they haven't said no to the bridal show discount yet so it's worth one more bit of outreach if you think you can save a pretty penny.  But if they don't reply after one more try then drop it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, it is around the holidays.  They might have the business closed and/or the DJ may be on vacation.  I'd send a follow up e-mail, and if you don't hear something after the 1st of the year, I would consider it a blow off.

Who is the DJ btw?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm eager to know which DJ it is!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards