Michigan-Detroit
Options

GO TIGERSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

OK, yes, I'm a huge Tiger fan. It has been tough waiting for today to arrive.

Part of me is afraid JV (junior varsity) Verlander will show up, be over-amped and screw up in the first inning. But part of me has marveled at how he has calmed down so far in the post season and been dominating.

I have seen 2 Tiger championships, in 1968 and 1984. Some of you young'uns may not have seen any. I am telling you, this feels right, it feels like they will do it...........then I am haunted by 2006 and their unexpected melt down to the Cardinals.

This is why I love baseball above all others. The only thing close is hockey's weird bounces, hot goalies, hot scorers.

During the year when I got SO aggravated by their ups & downs, I kept telling Kevin "They are what I thought they'd be, a .500 team". Win half, lose half. They weren't much better than that, but wow, how it's all aligned perfectly.........the Rangers lost to the A's in their elimination game, the "Real" Verlander showed up against the A's, the Yankees sucked, and here we are.

I will be in my superstitious spot in my bedroom, wearing my superstitious Cabrera Triple Crown tshirt under my superstitious Cabrera home jersey.

While I want them to win because I'm a fan, I REALLY am hoping for this for Mr Ilitch. He didn't look well the night they clinched against the Yankees. I don't know how long he has. But it's the only thing this billionaire has wanted, a Tigers World Series victory. I hope he gets it.

Hope you all enjoy the ride because it can be a rollercoaster. I have knots in my stomach and the game is 8 hrs away!

Re: GO TIGERSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

• Options
    I dunno man, my confidence isn't high, but that's because I'm a Negative Nancy who's gotten burned before :-)

I'm super excited for the game. I also feel like sh*t today, so I can't wait to leave work, go home and remain on the couch for the rest of the evening.

I really, REALLY hope they win this thing!

P.S. - Ilitch looked awful!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Im having my annual murder mystery halloween dinner on Saturday and I had no idea this was going on ! FML lol
  • Options
    I too remember 2006 and know how great this win would be for Ilitch. 

I was joking with some of my interns who love the Tigers all day and we are all nervous but excited.
  • Options
    Bummin about tonights game....
    March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards