Michigan-Detroit

Wedding Gift for Fiance???

What are you ladies giving your man, if anything, as a gift for the wedding / at the wedding??? Not sure what the protocol on this is... just curious :0) Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding Gift for Fiance???

• edited December 2011
    I am giving him cuff links shaped liked classic Nintendo controllers and a nice watch.  
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    OMG !! Thats fricken awesome - I love the cuff links :)) how cute!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving my FI an album of my b-pics that I'm having taken.
  • edited December 2011
    They were pretty cheap on Etsy just let me know if you want the info! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    not 100% decided, but in all likelihood, I'll end up getting him the Mace Windu light saber (here) and the hidden message collar stays from Red Envelope (here).  Yes, he's a HUUUUUUUUGE Star Wars geek, and has wanted that light saber for forever, and the collar stays will fullfil my need for something cutesy and mushy.  also he loses them all the time.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving him an album of my b-pics.
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might buy him a PS3 because he's been wanting one for so long, but he's been holding off because of the wedding.  He would definitely be surprised.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far I've also gotten my FI cufflinks. I'm not sure if I'll get him anything else.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    We decided not to do gifts for eachother since we're already spending so much between the wedding and honeymoon. I originally was thinking about b-pics but maybe for our first anniversary instead.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Booger.  This is one tradition we decided to pass up.  We are both spending so much money between the wedding and the honeymoon that this was one expense that was easy to cut.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my DH an album of bpics.  Then I also got him a Digital SLR camera.  It's a Nikon D60 w/ some random accessories.  

He got me a pandora bracelet with two beads and a kindle!  :)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of getting him a nice watch. He said hes getting me jewelry but thats all I know & want to know. LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're not giving any gifts. I was going to get him cufflinks, since he already has a nice watch, but he doesn't need them. My mom got my dad cufflinks 30 years ago and he said he's used them once or twice. And I certainly don't feel like I need anything. We decided that the money would be better spent on our honeymoon. We will exchange cards, but that's all.
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving him a nice sterling silver rope necklace. His friend puts his wedding ring on his necklace when he's at work as a safety precaution, so I thought he could do the same.
  • edited December 2011
    Booger,

The traditional gift for first anniversary is paper so b-pics will be PERFECT!

Great idea. 
  • trishalynne01trishalynne01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be giving him Lion's season tickets for the upcoming year.  He LOVES the Lions and has put up all my craziness so I thought he would really like that.  Its more than I would like to spend but its also a gift to myself because then his friends won't be over every Sunday :)

• katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just exchanging cards.  Wedding is too expensive!  Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhh - I love the Lions tickets idea! He always buys season tickets himself but since we are in Japan its been a couple of years since he has been able to do so :)) Thanks so much for everyones wonderful ideas!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards