August 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaid Newsletter??

Is anybody doing this?  I am thinking about it....
 I know there is email, but I thought a newsletter could have much more fun details in it. An example is on the link below... http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/bridesmaid-newsletter-i
Thoughts? 
Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Bridesmaid Newsletter??

• It is a nice idea especially if any of your BP is out of town. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I personally wont be doing one.

A.) It takes too long & I lack any kind of creative talent
    B.) I cant see my girls caring or appreciating it. I'm sure as soon as they got it they would laugh in my face lol

• I don't plan on doing a newsletter. 

My bridesmaids live across the East Coast in PA, MD, and FL, but I don't believe they would appreciate it.  I also don't want them to feel obligated to help with wedding planning or wedding related tasks (ie stuffing invitations).  My FI and I are instead keeping the whole wedding party informed via email when we book a vendor, get engagement pictures, and update the wedding website.  (our groomsmen are also all over in PA, MD, FL, and CA).  It seems to be working well and of course we're still keeping in contact in person or over the phone about NWR stuff.
  • I am doing a FB group for all of my girls. Then I can just update with hair, make up and dress ideas and then the girls can kinda chat since many of them don't know eachother! 

But just like Railway I am sure a few will laugh in my face haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • The Facebook group I would consider doing. Its an easy way to get a hold of everyone and update as things change.
  • Lyds85Lyds85 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    hmm... I don't know about all that newsletter facebook group stuff. how about a personal email or text msg? or a phone call? just seems impersonal to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_bridesmaid-newsletter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:8d6bdfaf-cdfd-467b-8027-988d3c385075Post:7476777f-af96-48dc-8a40-c3817950df26">Re: Bridesmaid Newsletter??</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmm... I don't know about all that newsletter facebook group stuff. how about a personal email or text msg? or a phone call? just seems impersonal to me.
    Posted by Lyds85[/QUOTE]

Actually, my BFF had a Facebook group for her BMs, and it wasn't impersonal at all.  We could all chat and share info/ideas there.  The girls planning the bachelorette party threw out ideas and details about the plans, the bride posted pics of potential BM dresses for our opinions, she posted pics of things she was thinking about for herself to get opinions, etc.  Calling is nice, but if you are trying to plan an event sometimes it is helpful to have a place where everyone can see each other's comments,

Now, many of us were out of town, so that could be part of why it was so useful.  We couldn't all get together to shop for dresses or help with planning. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love this idea of the newsletter. It's really cute. 

I created a facebook group for my wedding party. I personally think it's more personal then just a text or email. Everybody can see everything, and you can even plan events right there. Facebook makes it easy because you can share ideas, pictures, everything. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmmm...never thought of the Facebook group! That's perfect and like some others I lack creativity!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards