Michigan-Detroit

Church?

I am hoping to get married in a church in the metro detroit area. I have been looking at nondenominational churches because I figured they would be more leniant in performing the ceremony. I am not looking to become a member of the church.  I looked into The Little Wedding Chapel in Taylor but the price was a little steep for my budget. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Re: Church?

• What is your budget and how many guests are you planning on inviting?
  • Welcome to the Detroit board.

We were married at the chapel at Greenmead Village in LIvonia (8 Mile & Newburgh Rd intersection). It holds a max of 100 people.

If you go to my bio link below in my signature, there is a vendor link in there with info on how to rent this. I had my reception in one of their buildings as well, also max capacity of 100. Not sure how much the rental of the chapel alone is, and there is a difference in the costs for Livonia residents and non-residents.

You bring in your own officiant, the chapel is non-denominational.
  • edited October 2012
    I was going through the exact same thing, my fiance is catholic and i am not, neither one of us go to church but wanted to get married in one. I looked into the chapel also in taylor and it is expensive! Are either of you catholic? I was told about Cabrini Catholic Church in Allen Park, I actually went today and met w the pastor and hes actually excepting us. Only one person has to be catholic and you do not have to be memebers. If you want to PM me I can give you more details.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_church-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ffcee5e7-72c3-44b5-8359-24f826be3dfcPost:5d672579-dcf8-4c0d-8555-487f7fbad82b">Re: Church?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is your budget and how many guests are you planning on inviting?
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>About 150 guests. I am hoping to spend less than $1000 on the ceremony. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_church-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ffcee5e7-72c3-44b5-8359-24f826be3dfcPost:1b3d29c8-503a-45b7-a4ad-5f3bdf1ea683">Re: Church?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the Detroit board. We were married at the chapel at Greenmead Village in LIvonia (8 Mile & Newburgh Rd intersection). It holds a max of 100 people. If you go to my bio link below in my signature, there is a vendor link in there with info on how to rent this. I had my reception in one of their buildings as well, also max capacity of 100. Not sure how much the rental of the chapel alone is, and there is a difference in the costs for Livonia residents and non-residents. You bring in your own officiant, the chapel is non-denominational.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks so much! I will look into this. </div>
  • I know that my church, Mermorial Church of Christ in Livonia, you do not need to be a member to get married there.  The sactuary seated 200 - 300 but even with just 100 it didn't feel too big.  I'm not too sure what the non-member cost would be, but even if it is double the member price, it would be less then $200.  It is worth looking into.
  • EagerBeaver85EagerBeaver85 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    These are two non-denominational churches

Woodside Bible Church in Troy - $450 and they also have a Gazebo outside.  You can choose indoor or outdoor.  Kensington Church - Sq Lake has a Chapel for weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards