New York-Hudson Valley

Recommend your Ceremony Music!

Hey Ladies,Can anyone recommend ceremony music? I am looking for guitar/cello duo for ceremony and cocktail hour.  Thanks!

Re: Recommend your Ceremony Music!

• edited December 2011
    we booked the sabatino brothers. they play a violin and cello. located in yonkers and one of the featured vendors on theknot... check out the "in your area" tab for their contact info. our wedding isn't until may, but they "auditioned" for us and we really liked them. GL!
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Capriccio Ensemble. They have tons of instrument combinations to choose from.
  • edited December 2011
    I had looked into New York Ceremony Music, but they ended up getting booked on my date before I was able to confirm with them - met them and they seemed to know they're stuff (my fiance went to music school and he was impressed).  They are a cello/guitar duo - you can call Randy at 347.645.3721.  I ended up booking Nina's Music Book for my wedding in 1.5 weeks...we booked a flute/guitar duo and they have been easy to work with and sound good.  Call Nina - she may be able to do a guitar/cello mix - 718.683.1432. I can let you know how they were after the wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I love NY Ceremony Music, but they're at the high end of our budget.  I'll look into these suggestions.Thanks again!!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you wanted guitar/cello but I am using a harpist and she is AMAZING!!!!!! Joy plaisted....joyofharp.com We just discussed music today and loved every minute of that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I know you said you wanted strings but I would recommend checking the Mistral Trio. I orignially wanted strings but when I was looking came across them. They are a windwood group. They were fantastic! Everyone - including several professional musicians - at my wedding raved about them. They are also very reasonable. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards