New York-Hudson Valley

In-laws survey

In-laws survey! 1.       How far away do you live from your mother in-law? 2.       Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? 3.       Does your mother in-law like you? 4.       Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? 5.       Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1.       My spouses family: 2.       I can't stand when: 3.       I love it when:

Re: In-laws survey

• BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1.       How far away do you live from your mother in-law?--About 3 mins. 2.       Do you wish you lived closer or farther away?--Where she is is just fine 3.       Does your mother in-law like you?--Yeah, we spend a lot of time together actually 4.       Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship?--Nope, maybe once but it was for good reason 5.       Do you call your mother in-law just to chat?--Yeah, every few days I do Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1.       My spouses family: Is pretty kewl, I definetley love them 2.       I can't stand when: We spend a lot of time at his grandparents, it's about 2 hours extra and I feel like they just want us to go home. 3.       I love it when: We have family get togethers, they're always interesting.
  • edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? She is a mile down the road 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away?Indifferent, just wish it was closer to my family 3. Does your mother in-law like you?Yea we get along well 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship?Not at all, she doesnt even come over our apt 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat?No I'm not a phone person, but we chat a lot in person Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: Is huge! there are 7 kids 2. I can't stand when:One of his sisters has a tantrum over nothing 3. I love it when: I get out of dished bc we aren't married yet (then I have to help lol)
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law?  about a half hour 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away?  it's a good distance-too close for overnight visits but too far to just stop by unannounced 3. Does your mother in-law like you? i think so 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? not really 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? no she generally gets a little confused when i answer the phone (even though it is my house too!) and just asks for MH Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is loud.  like volume-wise. 2. I can't stand when: they say that a weekday visit does not count in place of sunday dinner.  you're still seeing us and talking to us so why is it not a visit? 3. I love it when: MH asks to see my family but complains about visiting his own.
  • kittykat956kittykat956 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? About 15 minutes away 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? Nope I think we are at the perfect distance 3. Does your mother in-law like you? She tells everyone she loves me. It's pretty funny sometimes. I have people that I don't know coming up to me and telling me that she loves me and that I am all she talks about. hahaha 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Sometimes she does but not in a bad way. 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Yep usually a couple of times a week. Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: Can sometimes be crazy but I love them. 2. I can't stand when: They ask about some ideas that I have for gifts or surprises for my FI and then tell me how bad of an idea it is. It's happened a ton of times and drives e nuts. 3. I love it when: We go over to their house for a fresh egg breakfast. They have a tiny chicken farm and the eggs are amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law?A staircase away (we haven't signed on our place yet) 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? No distance will ever be far enough away 3. Does your mother in-law like you? yes 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Yes and No - She used too, but I put a major stop to that one night. Now she buts in, in a different way, just sits on DH's bed while we are watching TV and talks, and talks, and talks.  Always goes to whatever store we go to with us.  It kills any privacy that we actually get 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Good God NOFill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: Is Huge and depending what side it is, they are either wacky or down right annoying 2. I can't stand when: His mom insists on doing everything with us, we aren't 16 and needs rides lady!! 3. I love it when: It's time to leave
  • edited December 2011
    1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? About 3 hours2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? Yeah -- whenever we visit, it's a whole-weekend excursion3. Does your mother in-law like you? Of course =)4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Never5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? I don't call *anyone* just to chat except my own mom1. My spouses family: Are mostly awesome: His mom, sis, brothers, their spouses are all super sweet and fun. His dad is a problem, though.2. I can't stand when: His dad talks over FI, only talks about himself, never listens or FI or his siblings, invites us over to his icky house3. I love it when: I can just chill with his mom and siblings
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? --5 Min 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? --Where she is is just fine 3. Does your mother in-law like you? --After some time she warmed up to me I think she felt I was taking her oldest child away from her. 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? --Sometimes 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? --No, but I call my father-in-law Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is old school, cept for his bro and sis 2. I can't stand when: they talk Italian when I am around cause they dont want me to understand 3. I love it when: his mom cooks Sunday dinner lol

• edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? about 15 minutes 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? no this is fine 3. Does your mother in-law like you? she says she loves me and thought i was her DIL way before i got a ring. 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? not really 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? no Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is huge and very opinionated 2. I can't stand when: mt FFIL goes on and on how we should have waited until after we were married to buy our house because we could have done all the renovations right away. and that now we have our house we should have done everything before we moved in....not what we wanted. its what FI parents did. bout a house and worked on it all the time for the 6 months leading to their wedding 3. I love it when: when my family and FI family gets together for random things.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? they live in the west village, by train it's like 45 mins. When we move it'll likely be longer since houses are more affordable further upstate.2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? this is fine. Not too close, not too far.3. Does your mother in-law like you? yes, she likes me a lot4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? she's jewish... end of story5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? not typically. Every once in a while I call her. Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouse's family: is nothing like my family.2. I can't stand when: they are selfish. I swear no one in DH's family is child-centered. I was always raised to do activities centered around the youngest of the bunch. For example, DH's cousins who have two kids ages 8 and 10 come from OOT a few times a year (they live in Ohio). MIL takes them out to really fancy restaurants and they stay at home while DH's cousin and MIL go purse shopping. I just don't get it! Her reasoning: "they have their Nintendo DS's to keep them occupied." When DH and I were with them last time, I just couldn't stand the kids being bored so we took the kids to the central park zoo, played on the playground in the park for a bit, and then went to jekyll and hyde for dinner. If it were my family. that would be every day.3. I love it when: DH's parents do nice things for me. For example, they were really generous with the wedding. I also love it when they get  all excited about my niece, since MIL seemed kind of ambivolent in the beginning.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? Very far...we're in NY she's in NM 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? this is just fine 3. Does your mother in-law like you? Yes 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship?No 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat?no since she never calls her son... Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: ugh 2. I can't stand when: DH calls to talk to his mom and she doesn't ever call back 3. I love it when:  she keeps asking us about grandchildren and I say no not yet...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • specs1624specs1624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? 0 miles, they are letting us live with them while we save for a house.2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? Can't get any closer, so farther away.3. Does your mother in-law like you? I'm pretty sure she likes me.  She has no daughters so I think she likes having the female company around.4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? No, not usually.  5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Don't have to obviously.  But yes we will just sit and chat.Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is completely nuts, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  They are so much fun!2. I can't stand when: my FMIL tells me to "be a good wife and clean up after your future husband" Uh.. he's got two hands doesn't he?  I'm not his maid!3. I love it when: we all go out to dinner, we usually end up the tipsy/laughing/loud/having fun table in the corner.
  • edited December 2011
    1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law?--2 blocks 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away?--Neither.  We're just close enough without being on top of one another. 3. Does your mother in-law like you?--Yes and the feling is mutual! 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship?--She did some before we were engaged but, only becasue she wanted the engagement to happen faster! 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat?--Yes, a couple of times a week Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is wonderful, I'm very lucky  2. I can't stand when: his (overseas) extended family was so pushy about seeing us everyday on our HM (loooong story). 3. I love it when: we get together with MIL and FIL.  They are just genuinely sweet people.  And, I love when MIL teaches my her Greek recipes! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Canon 50D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Speedlite 430EX II

• edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? Pretty far. We are in NC and she is in FL. 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? Right now it doesn't really matter as we communicate regularly and see each other several times a year. But I'll be looking forward to having her retire here with my FIL when we have kids, so we can have a babysitter. :) 3. Does your mother in-law like you? She loves me like her own daughter. And she tells me this EVERY chance she gets. 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Sometimes but she is conscious of it and stops herself when she does it. 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Not usually because she beats me to it. Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: Is huge and crazy 2. I can't stand when: They ask me when we're going to have kids. It will happen when it happens, which probably won't be for a few years! And then they proceed by asking us why we had to buy such a big house now then... 3. I love it when: They tell me I'm the best thing that ever happened to DH. :)
  • edited December 2011
    1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? About 25 minutes. 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? I think where she is is perfect. 3. Does your mother in-law like you? I like to think she loves me. I know she was thrilled when we got married. 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Not at all. 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? No, but I really only chat on the phone with my sister. 1. My spouses family (extended) is pretty crazy. I get a kick out of all the drama. 2. I can't stand when: My in-laws try to do EVERYTHING for my husband. He is an only child and his mother is quite protective of him still. My favorite thing is when they hand him $10 for no reason like he is 13 and going to the movies. 3. I love it when: His whole family gets together. You never know what you are going to get. PS I am quite proud of myself for actually cutting and pasting this together. These things usually make me nervous.
  • akardasakardas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? 3 hours away 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? I wish they lived closer!! 3. Does your mother in-law like you? Absolutely! She calls me her daughter 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Not at all 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Usually my FI calls and we pass the phone to each other and talk. Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is wonderful! I adore each and every one of them! 2. I can't stand when: sometimes I feel like I am guilty of living so far away. They comment of how long the drive is. 3. I love it when: they come to visit. They are very involved with us (but not TOO involved)
    176imageInvited; 118imageYes!; 58imagehave other plans;
  • edited December 2011
      In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? 20 mins 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? farther away 3. Does your mother in-law like you? I don't think so, i think she thinks i'm a spoiled brat 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? not really 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? no way Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: is crazy and I feel bad for my FI 2. I can't stand when:  my FMIL texts me or my FI when she has had too much to drink 3. I love it when: just his father is around
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • littlecabbagelittlecabbage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In-laws survey! 1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? I'm in New York City, she's in Orlando, FL. We've met once last summer. This year my fiance and I will be spending Christmas there (and New Years in my home state, Washington). 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? I don't have any reason to want to be farther away from her. Mike and I do hope that she moves nearer to us when we get around to having babies. She's a neonatal nurse and she can't WAIT to babysit. 3. Does your mother in-law like you? Yup. I'm pretty likable and she's a very nice lady. 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? Nope. 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? Nope. We're friends on Facebook, though, and we also IM occasionally, but it's almost always initiated by her. Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family... ...behaves very differently from my own. My family is extremely close, very open and crass and brainy and adventuresome. My fiance's parents are more what I expect typical parents are like (I am fortunate -- my family is extraordinary). 2. I can't stand when... ...my fiance's father doesn't LISTEN after he asks a question. He's not a big listener in general, which would be fine if he didn't PRETEND to be interested and then tune out. 3. I love it when... ...I hear that my fiance's mother talks to my father on Facebook. They're e-bonding!
  • edited December 2011
    1. How far away do you live from your mother in-law? About 1 hour 2. Do you wish you lived closer or farther away? No, she is a sweetheart. I wish she were closer at times. 3. Does your mother in-law like you? Yes. 4. Does your mother in-law try to but in your relationship? She used to, but usually to side with me over her son. Now that we're married, she keeps her opinions to herself. 5. Do you call your mother in-law just to chat? sometimes, and vica versa Fill in the blank about the in-laws: 1. My spouses family: His mom, I love; but his sister is a piece of work. She's very possessive over her "baby brother". His dad also needs to let go sometimes, but it's better now that we're married. 2. I can't stand when: My mom buts in. She's jewish too (lawyer07) and very opinionated...not scared to share her thoughts at all. She can come across as rude sometimes. I know her heart is in it for the right reason. 3. I love it when: Family gatherings are always great. My kids love Steve's family.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards