New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Room block Issues!

Hey ladies so I have my wedding booked for the Grandview in Poughkeepsie for October, and my guests are all staying at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel and some of my guests have already called the venue and there are no additional room available for the night of my wedding outside of the room block, and only a few rooms available the night before. I am having a day wedding so most guests are staying two nights. and the only rooms they have available for the night before are all smoking rooms.. Help! Has anyone had this problem? Should I just go to another hotel. It stinks because the whole reason I booked this venue (or a big reason) is because it was so close to the hotel land you get free rooms with your booking the venue. Also there is a trolley that transports guests to and from the hotel. Any ideas on how I should fix this???????
Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
60 Yes image
16 No image
93 Have me praying for the mailman! image

Re: Room block Issues!

• Options
    Have you called the hotel to confirm that they can't open you another block of rooms? Or see if they can recommend somewhere else for your guests to stay? We had our wedding at the Grandview, and didn't have this problem, but everyone at both the Grandview and the Grand was very pleasant to work with. I know the Holiday Inn Express on Route 9 also has a shuttle of some sort, maybe try talking to them?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did not have this problem either. Is it a popular weekend? I know when the rooms filled up on our block, they added 10 more each time. I think you should try to call the hotel.
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards