New York-Hudson Valley
Options

wedding day hair

i have 8 bridesmaids plus myself.  how much should my hair cost and how much should their hair cost??  would the hair salon give a discount for so many?

Re: wedding day hair

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    probably depends on the salon.

I think i was 125 including the trial and my BMs were like 75 for updos and less for a blowout (but they all ended up with updos).  there were 4 of them, one FG and I.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found that most of the salons jack their prices as soon as you mention the word wedding.  Expect atleast $50 for whatever your BM want but probably more like $75 as pp said.  
    I would get prices and then give your BM the option of doing their own hair or using their own hairdresser.  That's what mine did and it saved a lot of $.
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a million bridesmaids, but all together I had 9 people (not including me) get their hair done... it cost $85 a girl, and the stylist came to my home.  It will always be more money if they come to you.  She was willing to do less if we came to her salon.  My trial was $75, and the day of was $150 (however right at the end I switched stylists, and my day of ended up costing me $125).... and again, these prices were for her to come to me.

HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im going to use the same person I go to regularly, she does my hair in her own when she is off and charges me less. She is asking $60 per girl and is coming to my home the day of.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I failed to mention that like pp, i also used the person that does my hair all of the time and her friend who has worked in her salon and whom I know as well.  They also came to my home and did not charge me any extra...they charged the same as if I had gone to the salon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be having 6 updos and 1 blowout the day of my wedding (75 per updo, 40 or 50 for blowout) at a salon.  When I priced a different person who was willing to travel to me, it was 150 for bridal hair and 100 for bm updo's.

I'm actually paying 10 higher per head at the salon than they normallychargel b/c they have to open the salon early and then rearrange later appointments.  (We're starting at 7am and ending by 11am). They are also short-handed that day, so they have an assistant coming in to help my hair dresser.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards