New York-Hudson Valley

And inj the blink of an eye...

Christmas is over. How was everyones day? Hope everything went well. And my favorite question, what did everyone get??

How did everyone do with the snow? How much and are you home today?

Re: And inj the blink of an eye...

• BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christmas was good, we went to his grandmas and my moms. I think next year, we're going to start our own tradition. I was definetley spolied this year. I got a Dooney & Bourke bag, Uggs, 2 really nice peices of jewelery, Baby G watch, a Pandigital e-reader(love it!), and more.

The snow...theres a lot. Like on the deck, the snow is as tall as me. I got stuck at my moms last night, John wasn't coming to get me. Today, I wanna go up to the mall, but my mom doesn't want to go with me and I don't want to go alone =/
  • edited December 2011
    We had a great Christmas! Saw my family Christmas Eve and his Christmas day (with a short afternoon trip to my Aunts close by). I got boots, a book, DVDs, and so many other random things. We are moving in a couple weeks so kept it to a minimum so we can buy all new furniture which I am so excited about!

This snow is driving me crazy! Thankfully we went to the grocery store right before the snow started so we have stuff to eat but not much else to do. I did start my new book and watched Eclipse already lol. Now HGTV is all that is on.... gotta get to TY cards today too.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Christmas was really nice. We went to my FI's mom's house Xmas eve - she's been sick but we have a great aide for her who's Italian which seems to make FI's mom very happy so we went and FI cooked dinner and she seemed to be very happy.

Christmas day was w/ my family anhd I just love them to pieces. Not sure why but I wasn't so much in the Christmas spirit this year? Albeit its my last Christmas as a single woman (which i should've been in the spirit) but - maybe its that I'm just a little focused on the wedding so that trumped my christmas spirit. That's my guess.

We tried to keep Xmas to a minimum but FI ended up not following that grrrr....I got a printer for my laptop which i've been wantng for the longest time. Another month's session w/ my personal trainer. I was only going to go for a month and try to do it on my own but woohoo I'm so excited and I really need the trainers help but he costs so much $ so I'm a happy camper I get an extra month with him.  Plus many other things. He spent way too much money on me. I just feel really happy that I'm with him and finally found the man of my dreams. As corny as it sounds that beats any gift I've ever wanted or received.

I'm stuck inside w/ the snow. I feel like a bum but also feeling a little under the weather so I'm cutting myself some slack. I'm watching the Style channel some show about "marry me in Mexico" I love watching these wedding shows. Gives me ideas and helps me  in what NOT to do and what TO do! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    edited December 2011
    I got some stuff for my new car (cargo net, mats) and I also got an Ipad. 
    Stuck inside, totally bored watchin The Hills.
  • edited December 2011
    My xmas was great, we do Christmas here every year so neither of us has to be away from our family & we can all celebrate togeather.

i got a new coach bag,the shark steam mop/vac,some clothes,lots of gift cards/money & some other stuff.

It snowed alot here and thankfully im on vacation but DH had to go to work,but while he was working i was looking up some baby stuff i would like to get since we are going to start trying again :)
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    Christmas was great...it was my daughter's first Christmas so that made it very special.  On top of that....my new niece arrived from Russia on Thursday so home just in time for Christmas.  She is 13 months older than my daugther.  it was so wonderful for them to be together and have our niece home (joining my two nephews). 

I got some bath and body stuff, and epad, a necklace from my daugther and one from my husband.  I also will be getting a new ipod from the hubby (mine broke) but was not in the mood to do it before Christmas). 

I always take the week off between Christmas and New Years so I didn't have to worry about the weather.  Enjoyed spending time with the hubby until he had to go to work. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We had a great Christmas!

Christmas Eve - We went to church with his family and then came home to wrap presents. (The was the first year I wasn't with my family on Christmas eve, so I was a bit bummed about that. But we found out later that everyone stayed so late at my sisters house that we will have to time to stop over next year!)

Christmas morning - woke up, Just the two of us. I made DH a nice breakfast and then we opened presents together again just the two of us. I got some bath and body stuff, perfume and a bunch of "our first Christmas together 2010", "our Christmas together 2010" but the one that brought tears to my eyes was "our new home 2010" Since the apartment finished it's so nice to have our own space. My main gift was outside. (He put the deposit down on my car). At the house I got him some tools and some stocking stuff. (see below)

Christmas afternoon - had meal (at 3pm is it a late lunch or early dinner?) with his family. I made a vegan friendly zucchini bread so that his sister could have some , and it came out really well! Next time I make it for myself, I will use the real margarine and egg, but will only use applesauce to sweeten because it didn't need any splenda!

Christmas night - went to my aunts (where my family had dinner) and showed up for dessert and presents. We were there for a few hours, so i didn'tt feel too bad. We do secret santa - to remind me of my old car, a spa gift certificate, and an ornament. (my aunt also got us a newly married ornament). I had Joe and got him a DVD/ VCR combo

My two nieces were there - baby and 4 years old! It was also the 4 yr olds birthday (She was born on Christmas) so she was unwrapping gifts all night. Hers and baby sisters!

And then after spending time with my family we went back to Joe's house and opened gifts with his family. My SIL got me a vacumm! It's sad when that excites you! But I was so happy to have a real vacuum!)

All in all it was a nice day! Looking forward to figuring out next year!

Regarding the absolutely tons of snow - Thankfully I'm off this week and Joe took yesterday off so we were outside over two hours shoveling! Truth be told, that made me feel like a homeowner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards