New York-Hudson Valley

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

My fiance and I have booked the Poughkeepsie Grand hotel's Regency Ballroom for our ceremony and reception. I just wanted to see who else on here has been married there, or plans on it.

Also - any tips on vendors would be great. Currently, we're looking into a package deal with JimmyDee. Has anyone used their services or wedding packages? What about hair/makeup? Preferably those who will travel to the hotel.

Any advice would be fantastic, as we live in Northern Jersey and aren't very familiar with the area.

Thank you! :)

Re: Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

• For any reference (if it helps) - the wedding date is 3/23/13
  • We were married in Poughkeepsie, and had our reception at the Grandview. We (and 99% of our guests) stayed at the Grand and we were very happy with them!

I didn't use Jimmy Dee, but my hair dresser will travel. I used Kristen at Studio One Hair Design in New Paltz (http://www.studioonehairdesign.com/).

Christine from Color Makeup Studio did my makeup (I wanted airbrush), but several of my bms had their makeup done at Studio One and it came out great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am from Northern NJ too and was married in Poughkeepsie- as with you I did not know a lot about the area either!

I used Marianne's Floral Garden in Poughkeepsie for flowers- she was fantastic and such a joy to work with-I love her! If you would like to see pictures, let me know.

We travelled to Studio One Hair Design in New Paltz, but I know they travel. They were so great. THey did my hair and makeup and also for the bridal party. I was so pleased!

We stayed the the Pok Grand and loved every second there- the rooms are great, the Bridal Suite is wonderful and the food was great there that we had for the complimentary buffet.

The owners are the same there and at The Grandview, so I am sure they will take care of you like they took care of us!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am getting married here in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!! I am using Soundsational DJ, Digital Wedding Photography, Flowers by Christine, Reverend Stuart from Hudson Valley Ceremonies, and EVERYONE has been awesome to work with!!
  • I got married at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel...we had Lutz Entertainment as our DJ and Owls Eye Studios as our photographer. Jimmy was great, he had our dancefloor packed all night long and our photographers were a cute husband and wife team, Josh & Trish. They were so much fun to work with and we got amazing photos, everyone that looks at my photos says they look like a photoshoot out of a magazine! Good luck!!!
  • I did not get married there but I used Chelsea the owner of Salon 52 for my hair for my first wedding and several others that I was in.  She is AMAZING.  Her salon is right down the street from the Grand.  I highly recommend her.

http://www.salon52hairstudio.com/index.html
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I was married at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel last fall.  Everything was amazing!  They were hands down the best decision we made for our wedding!

I also wanted to recommend my make up artist, Lauren Weber.  She was excellent, she travelled to the Grand to do my makeup and 2 others on the day of the wedding.  She was such a pleasure to work with and my makeup was flawless! 
    http://www.laurenwebermakeup.com/
    HTH :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! This is some very wonderful advice! I will check out everyone you suggested. Good luck to those getting married soon, and a big congrats to those of you who are now married! :)
  • My photographers shot there not too long ago, I remember seeing it on their blog. http://www.scottkretschmann.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards