New York-Hudson Valley

Westchester Floral/Arcadia Floral Questions

I've just been informed by my venue (The VIP Country Club) that I'm only allowed to use one of their 2 recommended florists.  Has anyone used or is working with either of these florists?  My flower budget is not very high...just want something simple yet beautiful.  Also let me know if you prefer one over the other.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Westchester Floral/Arcadia Floral Questions

• edited December 2011
    we used westchester floral. couldn't have been happier! they did an amazing job and within our budget. i have no personal experience with arcadia, but have heard that they tend to be a bit over priced, but that's just what i've heard. 

go talk to both florists, tell them what your budget is and what you're looking for and see what they say. book the one you feel more comfortable with and gives you more for your money!
  • kinobeanokinobeano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also looking for a Chuppa to put up on the ceremony platform but one mobile enough that we can bring it inside to put behind our table. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I got married at the VIP in Nov 2009. Between Arcadia and Westchester Floral, Westchester Floral is the clear winner (in my opinion). We used Arcadia for our engagement party to see how we liked them for the wedding, since I (initially) had heard mroe about them. Don't get me wrong the flowers were lovely! They do a spectacular job. BUT, I found the guy I met with (Sammy) to be quite abrasive, rude, and not very willign to listen to my ideas/opinions/requests. Also, I found them to be a bit expensive. After the engagement party, I met with Westchester Floral about the wedding and Danny won me over instantly. The flowers are JUST as beautiful/fresh/lovely as at Arcadia but you get a whole different level of customer service too. Danny is very open your ideas as a bride, very willing to work within any budget, and really gets you excited fro your wedding day. His attention to detail is impeccable and he even ended up throwing in a bunch of things we couldnt afford for free because he "thought it would look better." Couldn't ask for better work or a nicer person. I was so pleased with our bouquets and arrangements and all the other special touches as well.

If you want to see pics of our flowers or any other pics from the wedding at VIP just let me know! You will have a great day there :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE to see pics! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm getting married at VIP also! I am using Arcadia because the florist Jennifer got married at VIP also and made me feel extremely comfortable with her work. She showed us examples of our centerpieces and bouquets before I signed the contract to make sure I would be happy. Honestly any florist will work with your budget because they want your business. Arcadia and Westchester floral are highly recommended. I suggest go with the vendor that you feel comfortable talking with and relying on.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    give me your email address and I'll send you some pics!
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen westchester florals work and i thought it was beautiful .  I havent decided yet what kind of centerpiece im doing yet , but if i go with flowers it will be with them ..  Good luck
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Arcardia and when I didn't like the sample centerpiece they did I went back and they were willing to tweak it.

He first went with my idea and turns out the shape I wanted for the centerpiece just wasn't right. It was more oval. Sammy suggested to go with round and he is adding more flowers. He's still staying within our budget as well as throwing in silver holders for my centerpieces that I couldn't afford but had wanted a different look so Sammy is giving it to us at no extra charge.

I found him to be professional. My friend used them for her wedding and the flowers were gorgeous. That's why I went with them. I too had to use one of the 2 recommended florists that the venue would only allow. I'm getting married at The Fountainhead. Everyone has different experiences go with your gut.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Arcadia. Our budget was not high either. Just let them know your budget and I am sure they can help work with it.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's another problem I'm having!  I'm not even sure what a realistic budget would be for my bouquet, 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen bouttenaire's, 2 large flower arrangements for the outdoor ceremony and floral centerpieces for each table (12-14)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That would be somewhere between $1,600 - $2,000 max.

Also depends on what flowers you will choose.

I have 6 bridesmaid, 6 groomsmen, 2 ceremony arrangement and 15 table centerpieces plus corsages came to about $1800
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    SEWILSON33 WHAT DO YOUR CENTERPIECES LOOK LIKE?  I WAS QUOTED SOO MUCH HIGHER!!
  • lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Westchester Floral (dealt with Danny - LOVE HIM!) and it was great.  He started out asking what our budget was and went from there.  I think I spent about $2,000 and that included the centerpieces (we had 175 ppl, I forget how many tables), 5 BM, 1Jr BM bouquet, my bouquet, 6 bouts, mothers coursages, pew bows, bows outside the church.  Everything was gorgeous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards