New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Marriage License

Ok I'm trying to figure out what paperwork we REALLY need to bring with us.  The City Clerk's site (Yonkers) says an original birth certificate and license.  A few people told me they needed their actual SS card, some said they were never ASKED for their BC. 

What papers were you asked for & what office did you go to?

TIA

Re: Marriage License

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went in Port Chester - smaller office with only two women and they were very nice/helpful/sweet and quick. We both brought birth certificates, drivers licenses, and passports (as a backup extra photo ID). My husband also brought his naturalization/citizenship papers since he wasn't born in this country.

I have heard that different offices have slightly different preferences for which doc's you bring but in most instances a drivers license and birth cert should be enough
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We just needed our drivers licenses and our birth certificates.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto...drivers license and birth certificate
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We only need our drivers license and birth certificates, but I would reccomend just calling and asking, and going by that - we did that just to cover ourselves and im glad we did, because on here it said only the license was required,
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    drivers licenses and birth certificates too
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok good, hopefully thats what they'll say when I call too.  Of course this all came up b/c I told FI "omg we can actually GO for our license whenever we want b/c we are within the time frame".  That's when he realized he doesn't know where his birth certificate is, mother gave it to him years ago.  He called the clerks office about it and he can actually go get it the same day (lets hope anyway).  Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    oxteacheroxoxteacherox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eastchester you only need birth certificate and drivers license,   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards