August 2013 Weddings
Options

New & Confused...

Hi everyone! Let me start out by saying, I have told EVERYONE my entire life that I will never ever get married... Now I'm getting married!! 

I haven't announced my engagement yet. I keep trying to tell my grandmother and she keeps telling me I'm full of crap. SO, FI and I have decided to have him propose IN FRONT of the whole family when my ring comes in from being sized. I'm thinking to have him wait till our 2 year anni (Dec. 23rd). That way they will be less confused. 

I ALSO originally wanted to have our wedding on April fools day, for the reason of I've always told them it will never happen.

Being as I was never one of those little girls who dreamt up her wedding and all the tiny details, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing! Can someone please tell me where to start? I have been using the timeline... I'm just so lost.

Thanks! (:

Re: New & Confused...

• Options
    first thing is CONGRATS! You must've found someone really special :)
    I'd suggest just enjoying it first! Once you feel like you're ready to start making some plans it's important to figure out how much you have to spend and then a general date/time of year. Then I'd start scoping out venues - that was super fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats...Definitely ENJOY IT! Time goes by so quickly, once the planning begins it's one thing after the next! Venue hunting is a good idea to do first, like PP said, especially if you have that specific date in mind! Things book up quickly. Good luck with your planning! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, we've been engaged technically since our one year anni, which was last December. I just haven't announced it due to all the questions I know I will be getting. Like I said, I've never been one for marriage so I don't know how many calls with questions I can handle, and I want to know what's going on exactly before I have to answer them.

I HAVE been looking for venues though, it just seems that all of them are $2000+ and it's crazy! What do you do after venues? Maybe I should read more articles lol I've seriously read a lot of these articles. I guess I need to suck it up and expand my budget to include a wedding planner.
  • Options
    Congrats! I'd say first figure out a budget, time of year and then start researching venues. Call them to make appointments to look at the place in person. Once you have the location selected the rest falls into place. It all depends on what you want in your wedding. There are so many little details that I never even thought of before but this website and the forums have helped!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! I love that you seem to be having fun with it (with the April's Fools Day thing and all). It's so easy to get caught up in it all, so I'm glad you are starting off on the right foot. You just have to get out there and take the first step. Go check out the venue's that fit your budget to start the ball rolling. Take it step by step, don't look ahead at EVERYTHING you have to do. Take one piece and get it done, then move on to the next. It isn't as scary that way!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I love the idea of him proposing in front of your family : As far as planning goes, if you have a smart phone I highly reccomend getting a wedding planning app. It helped me to hone everything into one organized place and it'll help you know the timeline you need to complete things in. The one I use is called Wedhappy, for iPhone. Another tool I have been using a lot is Pinterest. It's great for creative inspiration of you aren't sure what you want everything to look like. I have pretty girly taste but feel free to follow my wedding boards: Pinterest.com/brashears87 Let me know if I can help, once upon a time I wanted to be a wedding planner so I have lots of info! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards