New York-Hudson Valley

ALTERATIONS ON WEDDING DRESS

HEY -  I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS USED DAVID'S BRIDAL FOR ALTERATIONS ON THE WEDDING DRESS.  I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON MY DRESS THERE BUT I'M WONDERING IF THEIR ALTERATIONS DEPT. IS ANY GOOD.  IT'S THE DAVID'S BRIDAL ON CENTRAL AVE. IN YONKERS.  THANKS.  PAT

Re: ALTERATIONS ON WEDDING DRESS

• tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress from the store in Spring Valley, up in Rockland County.  I wasn't going to use them, but if they screw up the dress, they need to fix it.  If I take it elsewhere and they screw it up, I'm screwed.  They are a little more expensive, but peace of mind is priceless.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    hijacking the thread for a second, here but tsteger, you should really remove the link to your wedding webpage from your bio. That page is really for your guests, and has way too much information about you and your FI in it to be shared publicly on message boards.
    imageimageimage
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_alterations-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:421466ba-02d6-46da-a90b-7e7c71b38bc0Post:d85c5227-2d54-4026-b30a-9d7f617ea027">Re: ALTERATIONS ON WEDDING DRESS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just bought my dress from the store in Spring Valley, up in Rockland County.  I wasn't going to use them, but if they screw up the dress, they need to fix it.  If I take it elsewhere and they screw it up, I'm screwed.  They are a little more expensive, but peace of mind is priceless.
    Posted by tsteger[/QUOTE]

This exactly!
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at David's and had it altered there.  I was at the store in Danbury, but they did a great job.  (I only needed a bustle, the rest of the dress fit me like a glove, but I went twice as I wasn't sure I loved the way it was going to be bustled originally.  They let me come again and gave me no problems with un-pinning everything, re-pinning a new way, and then going back to the way it was again!!)  

My cousin-in-law used the one in Yonkers and also had a great experience.  In fact, the alterations lady made her a little wrap for her dress as she didn't like any of the ones that were for sale, and it was beautiful!  She actually wore the wrap for the entire ceremony and then took it off for the reception and it looked like she changed dresses.

Plus, as pp said- if they mess it up, they can order you a new one... not quite the same scenario if you to to an independent person.  However, you have to feel comfortable/trust whomever will be doing your alterations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bought my dress at David's on Central Ave but went just a little further south to La Robe by Leah.  Not only was she FAST but does GREAT work.  Cheaper than David's too.  She gets a ton of recommendations from ladies on here and I know of about a dozen people who have gone to her.  I'm planning to take my dress in and cut down to a christening dress once we have a baby. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards