New York-Hudson Valley

HELP!! Has anyone used Silver Arrow Band?

Can anyone give any feedback & reviews on their experience with Silver Arrow Band? We heard them play one of their showcases, but it's such a small venue compared to where our reception is (200+ ppl) and they kept stopping in between songs. Does the music flow or is it alot of stopping and starting? Also, I heard they don't MC the wedding so does that mean we have to hire a separate person to announce the bridal party, speeches, etc? Any feedback is HUGELY appreciated!!

Re: HELP!! Has anyone used Silver Arrow Band?

• edited March 2013
    If its any help I'd definitely recommend them. We had them for our wedding and they were great, really helpful and professional but fun guys to plan with Smile 
    To be honest in booking them we were won over more by the price than the showcase, I think it's more of a 'cover all bases' kinda thing than a full-on show (and maybe a rehearsal too?) that seemed a bit all over the place (we were there a while ago now so it might be different...), but on our night they were absolutely amazing, we were blown away, so was everyone else. We didn't get MC service but I'm pretty sure they would do it, might be a little extra? Ask them and see, they are pros so it would be weird if they didn't I guess? Good luck with it all!
  • In Response to Re:HELP!! Has anyone used Silver Arrow Band?:
    [QUOTE]If its any help I'd definitely recommend them. We had them for our wedding and they were great, really helpful and professional but fun guys to plan with    To be honest in booking them we were won over more by the price than the showcase, I think it's more of a 'cover all bases' kinda thing than a full-on show (and maybe a rehearsal too?) that seemed a bit all over the place (we were there a while ago now so it might be different...), but on our night they were absolutely amazing, we were blown away, so was everyone else. We didn't get MC service but I'm pretty sure they would do it, might be a little extra? Ask them and see, they are pros so it would be weird if they didn't I guess? Good luck with it all!
    Posted by GraiJ[/QUOTE]

GraiJ, did you have any problems getting in / staying in contact with the band in the weeks before the wedding? I'm now about 6 weeks away from my wedding, and they have not yet contacted myself or my fiance. I've called and emailed them with no response. Did you have any issues with them in the weeks leading up to the wedding?

• GraiJ - thanks for the info. We did see them in a showcase and they were definitely all over the place to give an idea of their range. But we were definitely won over by price and the fact that they didn't have the typical "wedding band" vibe. Who did you use for your MC? Did you use the band just for your reception or ceremony & cocktail hour as well?

joszim - have you heard back from them yet? Did you fill out their "bridal worksheet"?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards