New York-Hudson Valley

Never ceases to amaze me the drama that unfolds when it comes to weddings!

It never ceases to amaze me the drame at unfolds when it comes to a wedding!

My 2 issues -
My cousin and 2 my future mother in law!

My cousin who never responded to my wedding invitation by the response date - I went so far as to contact me Aunt. My Aunt says to me - you know how unpredictable she can be. That was my last ditch effort. I get an email today from my Aunt saying she spoke to my cousin about my wedding and would it be alright if she came but didn't stay for dinner? Uhhhhhhhhhhh What?????????? 

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Called my sister and my sister was infuriated - apparently my cousin does this a lot. My sister said you write back and you tell her that the you had the response date for a reason and that you're very sorry but there's nothing you can do at this point since your head count was already in.

I mean seriously what in the hell does that mean can she come but not for dinner? Oh sure - absofrigginlutely come for the cocktail hour and get free food and drinks and ditch? Un negative!

Then my future mother in law has a noseybody health aide who seems to want to go to the wedding more then anything - as if this is an occassion for her???

She has now brain washed my FMIL that she's able to go to the wedding! So now instead of just the 2 of them they feel better w/ the next door neighbor driving them. So in addition we're paying for 2 more people who shouldn't even be there and the doctor advised against my FMIL against going. 

My wedding is in the morning and I said to the aide how do you possibly think you'll get her up and ready and out the door to drive 1.5 hrs to make the ceremony @ 11am when she can't even make it to the doctor in the morning????

I probably wouldn't mind as much if I thought this was coming from a good sincere place .... meaning my FMIL but its not and because this aide is so bored with her own life she has fenagled this whole concoted story that my FMIL wants to go.

My FI was married before - and I don't think my FMIL has entirely accepted me. So much so she still maintains a realtionship w/ my FI's ex. They have no children between them. MY FI said they neverrrr had a realtionship before but I think the ex is a full blown socio-path - always plays the victim and this is her way of getting back at my FI for leaving her.  My FI's mother never stood behind him in this decison with the divorce & he doesn't get the whole BS relationship now. So there's a little background on the tension between my FI and his mom.

I'm so pissed off.  I went so far as to tell the aide my FMIL couldn't even make it to my bridal shower that was at 2pm in the afternoon! I don't see how all of a sudden she thinks she can do this?  (I was trying to hint to the aide that I know she's behind this) and I'm not looking to give you an outing for the day that will put my future mother in law in harms way.

Am I being a bitch? I'm just completely floored and I almost want my FI to go to his mom's house and for us to have a talk with her without the aide being there. I feel like we have to wait until the eleventh hour so my FMIL can see whether or not she feels healthy enough to make it? She hasn't made any progress since Spetember. She doesn't even stay up all day and I'm angry that this aide who's only been in our lives since November has taken such a stance on this.

She is not going to be the one who controls this situation. Mind you my FMIL fell last weekend while this aide was there and now the entire side of her face is bruised! She's not even steady on her feet - but the aide is saying oh she can make it! She can't even make it out of the bathroom from falling!

Ugh so sorry to vent.  Wny does this crap happen? What would you do if this was your situation w/ your FMIL.  I already handled my cousin issue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Never ceases to amaze me the drama that unfolds when it comes to weddings!

• wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would let your fiancé deal with it.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, let your FI deal with the situation. Try to enjoy these next two weeks without letting the BS and drama get you down. People will always do stupid things, just try to let it roll right off your shoulders. It's not worth you feeling this bad...
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Shari & Wdubin.....I'm handing over the control to FI. He's going to take care of it this week.  I've calmed down much since I wrote my post. I'm going to stay in the moment and not let anyone rain on my parade!  Kiss
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of you last night. I got an email from my Aunt that my 2 cousins are now not coming. The my FI's aunt and uncle may not be coming either. Is it me or are people dropping like flies the week before? People who had RSVPd too! So now we are sifting through to invite folks to meet our minimum. Good timmeeeessss.
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you Kris...we didn't meet our minimum either but their working a deal out for us but we still have to pay....oh well I for one just one the day to come so the drama can end and I can just have a good ol time....no more stressin!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards