New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Hair stylist suggestions in/near Poughkeepsie?

I'm getting married in Poughkeepsie in September, and I haven't yet figured out who should do my hair. Does anyone have any recommendations? I think I'd prefer to have someone that would come to me where I'm getting ready, but I'd be willing to go somewhere if they're really good! Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Re: Hair stylist suggestions in/near Poughkeepsie?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I already tried to post this once and it didn't seem to go through.  Sorry if it posts twice.

I had my hair done by my regular hair dresser, Kristen, from Studio One Hair Design in New Paltz.  She will travel to you, but it costs more money. Where are you having your wedding? We got married at Christ Church on Caroll St. and had the reception at the Grandview.

http://www.studioonehairdesign.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I regularly get my hair done at Hot Locks Salon on Fowler Ave in Poughkeepsie.  I know that there are two stylists there that regularly do wedding hair...Mark (I think that is his name) and Joann.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A girl I went to high school with owns Bella Lucci Salon in Poughkeepsie- I don't live in Poughkeepsie anymore but did get my hair cut there once and it was great.  She was always super stylish and the salon was just recognized as one of the top 200 salons in America by Salon Today (an industry magazine.)

Hope this helps!

http://bellalucisalon.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Second Kristin for Studio One. I'm using her for my April wedding.
  • Options
    rmk6783rmk6783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'll definitely look into all of these suggestions. We're having our wedding reception at Christos' on Wilbur Blvd in Poughkeepsie. I haven't decided about the church yet. Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got to Bella Capelli Salon in Pleasant Valley. It is only about 10 minutes from Christo's. I go to Michelle there -- she is incredible! They are a Paul Mitchell salon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards