New York-Hudson Valley

Ceremony/Church in Westchester?

Hi All,

Planning a Sept 2012 wedding in either New Rochelle or Rye and wanted to see if you have any recommendations for a ceremony site.  My fiance is not at all religious, but my parents would like for me to get married in a church since I was raised Catholic.  Any ideas for churches that would be willing to marry us?  My fiance is not going to convert/I am not very religious...I am from MA but we live in the city so we are picking Westchester so everyone can meet in the middle, so I'm not totally familiar with what is available ceremony/church-wise...

For our reception, we are considering Greentree, Beckwith Pointe, Whitby Castle and the Fountainhead - has anyone had (indoor) ceremonies at any of these venues?  

Any advice/experiences you have had would be greatly appreciated! :) 

Re: Ceremony/Church in Westchester?

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt and uncle got married at Fountainhead but their ceremony was at a church - the ballroom is gorgeous. I know they have two ballrooms so maybe they'd have you use one for your ceremony and the other for the reception?

Check out Glen Island Harbor Club too - it's also on the water and around the same price range as the other venues you listed and I know their ceremony room is gorgeous.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement!  I agree with Lissy - Glen Island is beautiful, and I've heard wonderful things about Whitby Castle as well.  (There is a photographer named Peter Oberc who has a lot of events from Whitby on his blog, if you wanted to see photos of it.)

On another note, if neither you nor your fiance are religious, it wouldn't make sense to be married in a Catholic church since it is regarded as a sacrament, and you would be agreeing to raise your children in the faith.  There is a Catholic board under Cultural Weddings if you wanted to discuss this further - the gals there are awesome.

Best of luck!
  • caesarkittycaesarkitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can comment on the reception sites..

Greentree is where my brother and sister-in-law had their reception, they had nothing but good things to say about it!

Whitby Castle is where I'm having my reception.  I love the place, it's beautiful, and Andrew who will work with you there is really great.  They have a great outdoor patio for the cocktail hour as well.  (You can also have your ceremony here if you want)

Beckwith Pointe - We visited here but didn't like the layout of the room, and they were pushy about the menu.  We didn't want a huge amount of food for the cocktail hour, but they seemed more concerned with what our guests would think about "them" if we lightened up the amount of food.

Fountainhead - Really nice inside, really great people.  I just didn't like that the outside wasn't really nice for pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards