New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Garrison/Highlands Country Club Accommodations

Hi ladies,

Can you suggest some great accommodations near the Garrison/Highlands Country Club? 

I've been looking at the various B&Bs but those can typically only accommodate a few guests at a time. Also, is Manhattan really 1 hour away? I'm thinking of providing options in the city for those guests that prefer to stay there, however, then I'lll need transportation options.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
carolina

Re: Garrison/Highlands Country Club Accommodations

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, it's over an hour train ride to Grand Central from Garrison, and that doesn't take into account the time to get from the train station to the country club.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our Guests are staying in Fishkill at the Hotel Sierra (soon to be Hyatt) and the Hilton Garden Inn. Both hotels are very nice (included breakfast, nice choices of rooms, pools, etc.) They are 11 miles North of The Garrison... about a 15 minute drive. I think hotels in the city would be nice for people if they wanted to make a vacation out of it. However, if your wedding will be ending late that is a long trip back to their hotel so I would suggest one close at least for that night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NYC is at least an hour away. Also you would have to get to the train station. You could get on in Garrison, Cortland (further south) or even Croton (even further south).  Croton would probably give you more late night options to NYC. Garrison and Cortland do not have as many trains to NYC running late at night.  Keep that in mind.

Here is the link for the train schedules, you want to look at the Hudson line.

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/schedules/

I would probably look at hotels in Fishkill. It's a straight shot from the country club but I guess the downside is that your guests will be going further north. However, Fishkill is pretty convenient because it's right off rt.84.

By the way, I drive past the Garrison every day for work and it's gorgeous! I'm so jealous :)
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not get married there but looked at it.  For our wedding we used Hotel Sierra (didn't know it was going to be a hyatt) and the courtyard by marriott.  Everyone had good experiences at both...we stayed at the sierra and loved it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Inn On The Hudson in Peekskill, which is about 5-10 from the Garrison.  It is right on the river and the view is beautiful.  I worked out a rate of $103 a night and I am also having my rehearsal dinner there.  Food is very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards