New York-Hudson Valley

ceremony musicians, are they needed?

Hi
We are getting married at our venue.  I really don't want to hire ceremony musicians, so I was wondering if they are needed or can we just have our DJ provide music?

If you think we need it, any recommendations for someone in the New Rochelle area.
Any help would be great!

Thanks and happy planning!

Re: ceremony musicians, are they needed?

• I think if you have your DJ provide music it will be fine.  We're having some of our band members play during the ceremony. Unless you have your heart set on hearing a certain instrument, I would just go with the DJ :)
    imageAnniversary
  • We used our DJ music.  I chose several songs from Vitamin String Quartet that way we could get the "string" sound without the $200/hour/person price tag.
  • We also got married at our venue but I wanted a harpist.  She was WONDERFUL.

That being said, I think that if it is not that important, then you can save money and have the DJ do it.  Ours said he could do it but I wanted "live" music.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Our DJ did the ceremony music. I was happy with it. Having a musician wasn't something on my must-have list.
  • Thanks ladies,  I think we're going with the Dj and they actually recommended the vitamin string quartet music as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards