New York-Hudson Valley

Glen Island Harbour Club afternoon weddings?

I think we're 95% sure we want to host our wedding at this place. Has anyone attended an afternoon wedding here? Any details would be helpful! We're also dealing with someone called Jack.

Thank you!

Re: Glen Island Harbour Club afternoon weddings?

• edited December 2011
    we met with jack when we went there. we were quite impressed with glen lsland, but ultimately decided on a different venue. good luck with it!
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually getting married at glen island this coming weekend. We are having an evening wedding. We have been working with Jack as well. I have been very impressed so far with them. And I have heard nothing but good things from people who had their wedding there or went to a wedding there. Let me know if you have any specific questions I might be able to answer.
  • edited December 2011

Clearly the majority of ppl seem to have evening weddings there, which is why I am curious if anyone's heard anything different about the daytime weddings. I am a little nervous about the morning rush...but hoping for the best of course! Do they gouge you with their specific florist vendors? And how accomodating are they in terms of customizing things to the way you want, etc? Any details you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated! How big will your wedding be??

:)
    thank you and good luck

• jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do require you book with one of two florists- Arcadia and Diana Gould. Originally it was the only downside I accepted when booking GI- but I just met with both florists and I thought they were great. I'm going to have difficulty picking which one I like best. They both had centerpieces that could accomodate any budget. I met with Diana herself, and I really got the sense that she was willing to work with any budget- I didn't get the obnoxious vibe that other people on this board have commented on in the past. Also, its only for centerpieces, if you want to get bouquets/boutonieers (sp?), etc from another florist you can do that as well.

I'm having a Sat evening wedding there (also dealing with Jack) but I looked into the afternoon and it seems to be the same set-up in terms of food and timing.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't like either of the florists they required you to work with so we immediately crossed them off the list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies =)
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Diana Gould for the florist. They have been very accomidating and were willing to work with our budget. I have been working with Enza and she is awesome. I have changed a few things around since I first met with them and they seem completely ok with it. I met with Arcadia as well but didn't get a good vibe from them. .We are having about 200 people. Glen Island has made me feel from the beginning confident with my decision. The food is excellent, we have recommended Glen Island to two other families who both are having their daughters weddings there, one had hers this past fall and said they were thrilled with everything.  I'm 6 days away from my wedding and I have absolutely no concerns with them at all. Jack has been awesome to work with from the start. I'll definitely post my overall experience when I get back from my honeymoon, but if you have any other questions feel free to contact me before Friday!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you! we are only having 150 ppl and it will be in the daytime, so clearly a smaller and less costly party. i wonder if we would get slighted because of that! :/
  • edited December 2011
    the major issue we had was with the florist's there. we met with diana gould (she's one of the approved florists at our venue as well) and she was almost double the price of our florist. from what i've heard, arcadia can be just as, if not more, expensive (not to mention the cs horror's i've heard lol). so that was an immediate no. we would have had to spend an extra 3k on flowers just to have a wedding there. i was not ok with that. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the tip about the flowers....i will worry about that when i come to that haha. if anyone else has any opinion about the afternoon wedding, please let me know! eager ears!

otherwise, thank you all. :)
  • CaramellaGirlCaramellaGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't posted on here in ages, but I happen to be on here looking to see if anyone has used Stew Leonard's for flowers for a friend of mine.

I was married at GI in 2007 and had a daytime wedding/reception. I have absolutely no complaints. What sort of details would you specifically need?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    yay another GI bride. : ) i guess i was just wondering what the vibe was like for the day time wedding. did ppl eat and drink as much? did people dance? was it painful to rush through the getting ready in the morning? just anything you can share would be awesome!
  • bananna0210bananna0210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am actually having an afternoon wedding here next year.  Can anyone offer any decorating tips?  We're using the windowed ballroom and I know that will mean plenty of daylight.  Any tips would be very much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards