New York-Hudson Valley

Trying to get a feel for what is standard photography pricing...

Just wondering.  Please include below what your package include as well! Thanks! :)

Re: Trying to get a feel for what is standard photography pricing...

• edited December 2011
    We are paying $5600 for our photographer.  It includes 12 hours of coverage (1PM to 1AM), 2 photographers, 1000 proofs, a 100 photo flush mount album, high and low resolution discs so we can print our own pictures.  Additional large prints and parent albums are additional if I want to order them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ej123ej123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is less than 2000, but only 1 photographer and this does not include the albums, but includes discs and proofs
  • edited December 2011
    I paid $5,600 for mine,i got full coverage of the wedding with 2 photogs,engagment session an 8 x 10 of my fav eng picture,mini books with all my proofs as well as my proofs on cd,my thank you cards,a 36 page album and 11 x 13 wedding picture.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    3200 for all day coverage (11 am - midnight), one photographer plus his assistant took a bunch of photos as well, all proofs printed (4x6), and all high-res images on a dvd.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    We paid $2100 (that was with a discount because our wedding was on a Thursday, and we were referred by one of the photographer's friends) for all day coverage (they were with us from about 11AM - midnight, I think), two shooters, engagement session, all high resolution proofs on a disk, and 5 8x10s. We made our own album.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $5,000
    -engagement photo shoot
    -save the date cards
    -8 hours coverage with 2 photographers
    -CD with all proofs
    -1 large album for us
    -2 small albums for our parents
    -photo thank you cards
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're paying 1100 and getting all day coverage 1 album with 24 8x10 pic, 175 4x6 proofs, a 16x 20 photo. any additional proof will be 75cents each
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $3700-- Full day coverage, 2nd shooter, engagment shoot, guest book, high res cd/dvd of photos, dvd slideshow, website, 60 page wedding album, and 2 parent albums
  • edited December 2011
    We are paying $4200 because we upgraded our album. (Otherwise it would have been $3600 for a traditional). We are getting complete coverage. Photographer and assistant. 4x6 proofs of all photos taken presented in an album. Upgraded bride and groom digital album. 2 parent albums. 4-8x10’S, 2-5x7’S plus an 11x14.  

Yes, I know our package doesn't include thank you pictures or a disk of images. But we will be adding the thank yous when we mae our final payment and I'm not sure how much it will cost or I would have added it. It also doesn't include the disk of images but we can purchase those after the wedding. The price will go down as time goes on.

We made our decisoon based on what the listed price was, and what we could handle paying. We are probably going to end up paying more for package 4, but it was easier to select package 3 and pay for that beforehand. Anything we want top add we can add afterwards. And our photographer knows we plan to add on. But since a certain percentage had to be paid ahead of time, it was easier to select a smaller package.

We are also getting video with the same company. Our video is about $2000 and was the middle package.

HTH! 
  • burrungaburrunga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do everyone else's prices include video as well.  I'm being quoted 5600 including
    all day shoot
    2 photographers
    all 4x6 proofs (qty not specified, I was looking thru someone elses proofs and noticed #918)
    engagement shoot (need to find out if these proofs are separate, hmmm)
    1 - 11 x 14
    3 -  8 x 10
    1 - dvd slide show
    100 - thank yous
    1 album with 60 pictures for us
    2 small albums for parents
    and the video

There is stuff here that i can do without and would like to negotiate with them.  This is more than i expected to pay.
  • edited December 2011
    mine price didnt include video either.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Honestly for what you listed, that price doesn't sound that badl. Is the video edited or raw? There are certainly things you listed that I think you could do without (it's much cheaper to print your own photos, even the 11x14 than what photos charge).

And we didn't get video.

imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    our package comes to a little over 5200 after taxes...  It includes two photographers for the full day, unlimited pics, online picture hosting website, 100 picture thank you cards with envelopes, engagement photo shoot or day after photo shoot, 30 page album, set of all 4x6 prints in an engraved album, 4 5x7's, 1 8X10, & a high resolution master dvd with all reproduction rights...

this was the middle package that our photographer offered...
    Maggie & Lucas
    July 15, 2011
    Visit HudsonValley.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The price mentioned above for my package was without video.  As Kristin said, I think the price you mentioned is reasonable for the area and what you're getting.  However, if there are aspects of the package you don't care to have, ask if you can remove them and reduce the price.  It never hurts to ask.  You might not get what you want, but a good vendor will either work with you and what you want, or if they can't, they won't think less of you for asking.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Our price including video is $6200.  (Love that I can get onto hudsonvalley.weddings!)
  • burrungaburrunga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it does seem reasonable but when i asked for basic package - they just mentioned everything i would get for that price, so i fugure i can lower but they're hoping i add?  the video is editted.  shopping around is so hard :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards