New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Reviews - 8/12/12

Venue - Mansion at Colonial Terrace

We got married at the Mansion on August 12, 2012. Our wedding was awesome. The staff at the Mansion is fantastic. The grounds are beautiful - we had a gorgeous sunny day. You can get married inside, outside or under a tent (which is really the best of both worlds!) They have a gorgeous chuppah which we used that is very classic and traditional.

The best thing about the Mansion is the food - there is simply a ton of food at the cocktail hour! Everyone commented that they had never seen so much food at a wedding! The dinners were delicious too. We had steak (a full steak!), chicken, tilapia and eggplant rolatini. All delish.  

The cake was incredible. It comes from the Scarsdale Pastry Shop. If you grew up in lower Westchester  - you know how yummy that place is!!  I just had some leftover last night and it was still delicious!

The Mansion is a fantastic value. You will not get a better deal. Because I live in Boston, my parents picked the place for me (they looked at around 10 other places). We received many compliments on our wedding. Call Leon today!

Flowers

We used rubrums flowers. They have worked at the mansion many times.  Its a family owned and operated business and they know their stuff! My bouquet was gorgeous as were the flowers on the tables. My colors were purple and green.

Photography

John Raiola - John was highly recommened to us by another photographer who had been higly recommened to us (but was already booked). He was great! We really liked his personality. He's been around a long time and knows his stuff. He doesn't have a website, but don't let that discourage you. His number is 914-576-7717.

DJ
Brendan O'Keefe. Brendan was highly recommeded by two friends of my mom's. He was great and played everything I requested.  Email is bok@bok-music.com. He is based in Scarsdale.

Dress
I got my dress at David's Bridal in Yonkers. It was only $350 and everyone loved it. It was very classic and elegant. I loved it too!

Re: Vendor Reviews - 8/12/12

• We had our rehearsal dinner at the Oriental Diner in Hawthorne. They have a private room downstairs and we had several appetizers and entrees for $20 pp. You cannot beat that! The room holds 40ish people and there is ample parking. Highly recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards