New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Dropping in to say H :-)

I've been MIA busy with finishing up my wedding plans.

Thought I'd stop by and say hi. Hope everyone is doing well?  I can not believe I am 17 days away from my wedding!  It's crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

As of next Thursday I'm officially on vacay! Thought it would be best to take the week before the wedding off since my job stresses me out.

My 2nd fitting is this Saturday. I was pretty emotional at the first one. I had decided to go by myself...my FI walked around town as I had my fitting but I was SO missing my Mom :-(  ...trying my best to get my emotions in check but its hard doing this without her....i know she's watching over me.

Ok girls just thought I'd check in and say hi.  Kiss

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dropping in to say H :-)

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I think it is a great idea to take the week off leading up to it (if you can...and you could!).  Enjoy these last couple of weeks...it will go by so quickly...both the weeks leading up to it and the day itself.  Soak up every minute.

So sorry about your mom.  My dad died 5 years before my wedding.  I missed him deeply and my brother stood in to walk me down the aisle.  He gave me a beautiful locket before the wedding for my dad's picture.  You will know she is there with you and would be soooo proud!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can totally relate about the fittings without your mom.  I am going through the same thing.  We always talked about the kind of dress/wedding I wanted to have someday.  She would have loved to plan it with me.

On a happy note, enjoy your time off and have a wonderful wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're soooo close! I'm so excited for you  :)
    I'm sorry this time has been bittersweet for you. Your mom is definitely with you in spirit and so happy for you!!!
    It's now 16 days!
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **Sage**
    My brother is walking me down the aisle as well...both of my parents are gone. My father has been gone many years. How beautiful what your brother did - I would have lost it completely. What a sweet and sentimental thought!  I am trying to soak up every minute leading up to the day.

**Wdubin122**
    I hear you ....my mom's last words to me was that she wanted me to settle down. We can only believe their up there watching us and ochestrating everything as if they were here.  Not a doubt in my mind my mom worked her magic bringing my FI into my life.

Thanks girls - It's nice to have this support :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dropping-say-h?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:8658f5a4-4e05-4cb0-ae5e-f12fe0ee5d7ePost:acefc465-91a9-4b36-a573-71ac9d86dfc1">Re: Dropping in to say H :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]**Sage** My brother is walking me down the aisle as well...both of my parents are gone. My father has been gone many years. How beautiful what your brother did - I would have lost it completely. What a sweet and sentimental thought!  I am trying to soak up every minute leading up to the day. Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

I almost lost it completely...I said to him "did you have to wait until right before we were walking down the aisle?????" 

Your parents are looking down, enjoying watching you both as a couple and will be there on that day as well...in so many ways!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies....I don't feel so alone.

**Shari16** I knowww 16 days yaaahoo. I am excited Fingers crossed I keep it together fo rmy 2nd fitting on Saturday it doesn't help that I'm pmsing too but the good news is I won't have it for the wedding.  Oh there's a silver lining in everything!

**Ssage** you crack me up - that's exactly what I would have said.

**Kris0816**  See we all have our cross to bear and you're right we're all very lucky to have great men in our lives to support us.  I'm sorry your mom did that to you....I hope she regrets it every day - but that's just my personal opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant beleive you are so close!!!!!!!! I'm glad you took the extra time off of work. Everything will be perfect and beautfiul!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **ChrisnJay**
    Thanks so much. I knowwwww I can't believe it. We have 2 more weekends left to do stuff and that's it!

I just love being able to come here and share my joys and some disappointments. Everyone has been so fantastic here!  It's amazing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards