New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Reviews

I had my wedding a month ago, and everything went off without a hitch!  It was perfect, and the only thing I would change is that it would go on longer!  My vendors were great for the most part, and I attribute the day’s smoothness to their great efforts.   I apologize in advance for how long this is!  

Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club - Ceremony, Cocktail hour and Reception - The Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club could not have been more responsive or nicer when we were planning the wedding.  We met with Jordan early on to talk about the menu and view the club.  The venue was great. All of our guests loved the beautiful views surrounding the club.  The food was so plentiful and delicious.  Everyone I talk to tells me how they have never seen so much food and how delicious each thing was.   Benny, the chef, made special vegetarian dishes for H’s grandmother.  Sheldon made sure that everything was perfect.  The staff was super friendly.  When the last shuttle was late at the end of the wedding, the staff was patient and didn’t rush us at all.  I would highly recommend MBYC.  

Daniel Florals & Events
- Flowers and Decor - Daniel, the owner, was so wonderful to work with.  I brought in a bunch of pictures of centerpieces we liked and he was able to come up with a cohesive theme.  He sketched out what the flowers would look like right then during the meeting.  He was so flexible during the many times I emailed to change numbers and add or subtract elements.  The flowers the day of were just gorgeous.  In my totally biased opinion, I have never seen better centerpieces.  He helped to transform the room instead of using just boring flower arrangements.  He is truly a creative genius.

Peter Oberc - Photography - Peter Oberc is a great photographer.  He was laid back from our first meeting.  He was very comfortable to work with and was able to get everyone involved in the pictures.  His assistant was very friendly.  Peter was able to get some great images.  His turnaround time is unbelievable.  We picked up the disc of our pictures (approx. 1200 pictures) the next weekend.  I am going to put together my own album, but the albums I looked through at his office were wonderful.  

Devonshire Players - Ceremony and Cocktail hour Musicians - We hired the trio to play at our ceremony and cocktail hour.  Lakshmi was the main contact and could not have been friendlier or more helpful when we were trying to pick out which songs to use.  Many guests came up to me and said how wonderful and talented they players were.  We are very pleased that we asked them to be a part of the wedding.  

Andrea Beckerich - Hair and Makeup for Bride, Bridal Party and Moms - Andrea was also a huge part of why everything went off so well.  The stylist who was supposed to do my hair cancelled 3 months before the wedding.  Andrea was so awesome and jumped right in.  We had a hair trial in September.  I brought a bunch of pictures of the style I was going for and she picked it up right away.  She brought along a friend, Stephanie, to help since I had a large bridal party.   They arrived on time at the hotel and did exactly what each bridesmaid wanted done to their hair.  Andrea specifically was awesome at placing hair pieces.  She did my make-up and it was flawless.  My hair stayed put for the hours of photos, the ceremony and dancing.

Craig Scott Entertainment - Reception DJ - They played good dancing music.  DJ Christian didn’t talk too much, which is something we ask for.  However, they did not play many songs from our must play list, which we really didn’t really notice until after the wedding was over.  The dance floor was always packed, so no one really noticed.   

Top Class Limo - Party Bus for Wedding Party - We had a party bus to take us from the hotel to Glen Island Park for pictures and then to MBYC.  It was awesome.  We had a large wedding party (20 people total including us), and there was plenty of room.  There were Tvs, a stereo system, etc.  It really helped set a great atmosphere before the wedding.  It also gave the guys/girls somewhere to hang out when they didn’t need to be in pictures.  The driver was on time and drove well.

Crowne Plaza White Plains - Room Block - Ehh, it is a hotel and was convenient.  I thought the rooms smelled and were outdated, but they say they are about to commence a renovation of the rooms.  Maybe it will improve in the future. (Also, if you are going to get a suite there, make sure they show you what you are really getting, which just might be two connecting rooms!)

Peter Pan Bus - Guest Shuttle -  It made 3 trips each way.  We rode the shuttle back to the hotel after the reception.  It was never announced for the first trip, so it did not depart on time so then the later trips were also delayed… It was clean and the driver was friendly and drove safely.   The price was also the cheapest we found.

Mens Wearhouse - Awful.  We knew that going in, but we had groomsmen all over, so we didn’t really have any choice.  They gave half of the groomsmen and the groom the wrong size tuxes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards