Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Eloping to a Destination

We live in San Diego, and even though it's a great place to live ( I doubt I'd ever move), I don't want to get married in here. Crazy, some might call me... but I'd rather elope to New Zealand. Some place that my fiance and I want to do. Does anyone have any knowledge on the subject of eloping to New Zealand or any other destinations? Overall is it worth it or would it be best to tie the knot quickly at a court house and spend the honeymoon traveling around New Zealand? If you have a legal ceremony in New Zealand, is it legal in the States? 

We don't have a very large budget, and we'd much rather splurge on the honeymoon, but there's something exotic about being married on top of a peak in New Zealand. I would appreciate any input! 

Thank you,

Kristie

Re: Eloping to a Destination

• Options
    I'm 99% sure that if you marry legally in New Zealand, you'll be legally married in the US.  My husband and I married legally in Bermuda and are married in the US! 

Personally, if you really mean "elope" - as in, no guests - then I'd go get marrie din New Zealand AND travel around at the same time.  Wedding and honeymoon all wrapped up into one!
  • Options

My fiance and I are also eloping. It's NOT going to be a secret though, we are planning on doing a live web stream of the ceremony so everyone can watch. Once we get back we will have a dinner celebration type thing.

I love the idea of a romantic getaway to tie the knot :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards