New York-Hudson Valley

Need a reasonably priced florist in Westchester!

So I just received the proposal from the florist I met with over the weekend and it's $4200!! I only chose about 4-5 high centerpieces, the rest low, and I only have 5 bridesmaids. Waaaayyy over my budget! Needless to say, I am now looking for another florist. I thought I'd turn to you helpful ladies to get suggestions on reasonably priced florists who do a good job.

As for the types of flowers, I don't think I chose anything too expensive. I just showed her pics of what I liked and she made suggestions such as ranunculus, white roses, white lisianthus and lambs ear. I'll have to do some research to see if that is what caused the price problem.

Thanks!

Re: Need a reasonably priced florist in Westchester!

• edited December 2011

I'm using Lee Vazquez. Her prices seemed reasonable to my FI and I. She is from Piermont in Rockland, but will travel to Westchester.

• ReginaB13ReginaB13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Tara at Putnam Valley Florist.

She seems reasonable, and I loved her work! I am primarily working with roses.

Regina
  • mrsomar2bmrsomar2b member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try a supermarket. We got out flowers from Stop and Shop in Peekskill. Stew Leonard's also does flowers. Good luck with your planning!
  • esalisesalis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say thet I had a similar experience to esalis - my first quote was $5500! And based on this thread I looked into Lee Vazquez - not only was she super nice and accommodating, but she was willing to do MORE than the first florist for FAR less money - only $3700!  With my wedding still 5 months away I of course have not seen the results yet, but she does beautiful work (work I like better than the super expensive florist's!) and I am fully confident that everything wil be beautiful. So anyone who's looking for a great florist at a great price, CALL LEE!

Thank you, Shari. :-)
    Anniversary

BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using The Flower Box in Sleepy Hollow

I got my quote which i thought was going to be in the $3000 range .. ended up being under $2000!!!!

http://www.sleepyhollowflowerbox.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards