New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Where to put the money???

Anyone have a suggestion as to what to do with the cards/checks we receive during out ceremony?  Originally we felt it was tacky to have a card box but now we are realizing we need to have something.  Any suggestions for something that wont look too bad?

Re: Where to put the money???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had a card box at hers and it was really elegant looking so it matched the whole decor, otherwise that's probably a lot of money you'd like to keep track of I would imagine. What about a little cocktail table with a little decorated basket?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing a card box that is decorated to match the wedding colors.

The basket is a good idea too or some ppl do a birdcage.  There should be a table dedicated to gifts but i would def get something to hold the cards, you dont want them just laying all over the table.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think card boxes are tacky at all (unless you decorate them really over-the-top, which I've seen a few times on the knot). They're functional and a safety measure. I would not imagine that any guests would try to steal cards, but you never know about the waitstaff, thing's happen. Cards can also easily get thrown out by accident if they're not in one place. I say go for it. It's a fun DIY project, you can order a used one online for cheap, or check if your venue has one (most do- and they usually have a lock)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the photoframe card box that we bought.  It was great.  We got so many compliments on it and I'm so glad I didn't try to make it because I'm not crafty and it never would have come out as good.
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used a photoframe card box. You definitely need one to keep the cards secure in. Ours was on a table right next to our sweetheart table, and my dad took care of the box at the end of the night.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    get some kind of secure box, not a basket. as horrible as it is, there are plenty of stories of people having cards stolen from their wedding. i ordered ours from forthemodernbride.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am still a little up in the air but I was thinking of getting a nice card bag to match my dress and hold it. Once I got the cards hand it to my grandmother to hold.  I agree with psichick, I've also heard of cards getting stolen you don't want to take any chances.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You definitely need something!

Like everybody said, you just never know. Better to be safe rather than sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going the cardbox route (bought a nice one from Michael's that I will embellish). I don't think it's tacky, but for me it was more of a cultural adjustment.  I'm Italian and I still remember the brides holding the borsa from the weddings I attended as a young girl.  But, I guess times and trends change,

I would have loved to used the bag, but I feel I'd be too worried about accidentally putting it down somewhere.  My Dad said he would hold it, but I felt bad making him do that.  If you have a close relative who is not interested in dancing or mingling, perhaps s/he can hold the bag for you if you go that route?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went for a card box, i made it myslef, there was no way i was spending money on a box! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception site has ones you can rent, so that's what we're doing. Ask your reception hall if they have anything, or what they've seen other brides do. They might have some really good ideas you could use as jumping off points.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage
    Our rescue kitties and Because we still enjoy the little things x8yrs.

And this is why Miles Fisher is Awesome. BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards