New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Bear Mountain

Anyone  have any feedback on weddings at Bear Moutain?  Is thier main hotel part open yet or just the Overlook Lodge?

Re: Bear Mountain

• Options
    I was married at the Overlook Lodge about a year ago.  There are plusses and minuses.

I thought the quality of the food served was really superb.  Much better than you might expect at that modest price point.  We loved the servers - wow they were warm and friendly and yet so professional.

Our wedding coordinator was Ann Marie and she was very friendly and quick to help and always replied to messages right away.  She knows her job really well and was pleasant to work with.

I wish we had had a better space for the cocktail hour.  We had to use a hallway outside the reception room and it just was not ideal.  This was a minus.

Also a minus were the wrinkled linens they put on the tables for our rehearsal dinner.  I asked Ann Marie to change them and she did right away, but why on earth did I have to ask?  Those tablecloths that were originally on the tables looked like they were pulled straight out of a laundry bag.

The biggest minus - and it caused me ongoing stress - was the fact that I had family driving in all the way from Pennsylvania, and the rooms I had reserved for them in the cottages were messed up over and over and over and over.  It was astounding.  I had read that other people had problems so this was something I kept a close eye on.  When I saw that they finally had the right people in the right spaces I told them THAT IS PERFECT DO NO CHANGE A THING AND WE'RE GOOD.

Two days before my wedding they switched some of my family out of a cottage and up into the Overlook Lodge - without asking or telling me.  They did this to accommodate another wedding.  I was livid and they did nothing to make it right or better.  It would have been a nice gesture to comp the room for the bride and groom as a "we're sorry" gesture but they didn't even do that.

So the plusses were very good.  But this room thing was terrible.  I wanted my family to all stay together in those cottages - booked them months in advance and Overlook completely COMPLETELY messed it up.

So do I recommend Bear Mountain?  If you're on a budget, yes. If you can afford something more like the Garrison, I would go there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_bear-mountain-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:a0895562-d976-44e9-b185-643b04b92123Post:11fe76a3-26ba-4096-b6a7-151e67189ad8">Bear Mountain</a>:<div>
    </div><div>The Bear Mountain Inn hotel is open and the rooms are really nice. The venue is so rustic and beautiful. We just booked our wedding there for next summer and are very excited! Ann Marie has been a great help so far!</div><div>
    [QUOTE]Anyone  have any feedback on weddings at Bear Moutain?  Is thier main hotel part open yet or just the Overlook Lodge?
    Posted by RinaBelle[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    We booked our wedding at The Bear Mountain Inn as well for Fall 2013 and are super excited about it! I have also read that the room situation has been kinda tricky in the past so I will be keeping an eye on that. Definitely check out the renovated Inn and the rooms -- they are gorgeous! We knew BMI was our place right away :) Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards