New York-Hudson Valley

What do you think...

Hi girls. I'm looking for input regarding bridesmaid jewelry that will look good with their dresses (see link below).  The MOH will be in eggplant with an ivory sash and the BM will be in victorian lilac with an ivory sash. I was thinking  of getting everyone a necklace and earrings. I'm also thinking pearls would look nice. What do you think? Any particular style?

Thanks so much!

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=7122

Re: What do you think...

• edited December 2011
    I think something with those colors would like nice along with other colors. Like, a multi-gem necklace/earrings.

December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the multi gem idea....

I think if you went pearls, you would have to do an ivory pearl...not a star white...otherwise I think it might be too much of a contrast....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Thanks girls. Bride2Bride, the jewelry you found is pretty. Where is it from?  I'll look for something that is multi gem. My only issue is that I wanted to find something that is real so it's something they can wear again. There's no way I could afford real stones, and I'm wondering if fake ones will look cheap??

Also, the dresses my girls are wearing are not the color of the link. That's just the default color.
    Thanks again!

• MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are wearing short dresses like that I would go for the multi-gem.  Your BM's dresses have a sleek modern look to it....I think the pearls would throw it off.

I got my BM and MOH's jewelery (earrings and necklace) online.  If I remember the site I'll PM you. I'm drawing a blank on it now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thanks so much! I'd appreciate that.

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shari...there are some great sites with fake stuff that look real.
    I got my wedding jewelry from evesaddiction.com but there is also emitations (i think that is the name) and bluenile.com has real stuff.  I also remember when I was getting married someone used ice.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There's a new store in the Palisades Center Mall.  EXRE.  "accessory"
    It's next to Best Buy whese Steve and Barrys used to me.  It is amazing!!!  I am going to get my jewlery and my BM's there.  They have EVERYTHING you could ever think of.  Check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    That picture came from JC Penney! Its on-sale for $12.99!! I thought the colors would look pretty with the colors of the dresses.

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1a09074&DeptID=70737&CatID=78172&SO=0&SelDim=4294957900~+5~&CatSel=4294937978|special+occasion&NOffset=0&Ne=4294957900+5+18+8+3+586+949&x5view=1&shopperType=G&N=4294937978+4294935019&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70737|78172

It is really pretty, and afterwards they could wear the jewelry again. Its fancy enough to dress up an outfit, but pretty enough just to wear with jeans and a nice top too!

The good thing too, is sometimes they have coupons, so you could save even more!
    Goodluck!!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I really appreciate all the input.
    I'm going to go to JCP to check out that set. I definitely like the bracelet, but I wish the earrings were a purple stone rather than pink. I just recently got my earrings at JCP... I splurged on a gorgeous pair of pearl chandelier earrings  :)

Ssage - I LOVE Blue Nile! I have a couple of their pieces. There are some pearl pieces I found there and was thinking of getting for the girls. I guess I'll have to get ivory pearls like you girls suggested if I decide to go with pearls. I'll also check out those other sites.

tsteger - Thanks for the tip. I will have to check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards