New York-Hudson Valley

Is anyone located near Beacon NY

Researching venues to have a reception for 75-80 people in the Beaon area .Any suggestions will be helpful thanks.

Re: Is anyone located near Beacon NY

• rmk6783rmk6783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Poughkeepsie and I also looked at local venues. There is nice one right in Beacon that I had friends recently get married at - the Dutchess Manor. It's got a view overlooking the river and they had an outdoor ceremony there which was beautiful. They had about 75 people as well. We also looked at the Villa Borghese in Wappingers - some rooms have a minimum of 80 people if I remember correctly. The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was very reasonably priced and had a minimum of 75 people. We chose Christos Catering, but that has a minimum of 100 people so I'm not sure that would work for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at the Dutchess Manor in Beacon last year.  The wedding was beautiful.  Weather permitting, you will get some great outdoor photos overlooking the Hudson.

I noticed something that could be a good or a bad thing depending how you look at it- the cocktail hour was spread out over 2 rooms.  This may have something to do with a planned outdoor ceremony that had to be moved indoors at the last minute. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys I will check these sites out and let you know which one I will pick.
  • edited December 2011

Look into Fridays or Sundays or Saturday days as most places have lower minimums on those dates.

But, in your area,

Dutchess Manor in Beacon

Chalet on the Hudson in Cold Spring

Fishkill Holiday Inn in Fishkill - they give you a room based on your size

Arbor Ridge in Hopewell Junction - has a smaller ballroom downstairs

Villa Borghese in Wappingers Falls - Fri / Sun or Sat day

Poughkeepsie Grand in Poughkeepsie - Fri / Sun or Sat day

also, the Hudson House River Inn in Cold Spring is a great place for smaller weddings.

also, check www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com They have a page in their vendor list for smaller venues.

Good Luck!  Searching is so much fun!

• edited December 2011
    The Hudson House is more of an RD place, I don't think it can fit 70-80ppl. Check out also The Garrison. We are getting married there in about a month and I am very, very  happy with them so far. You can talk to Todd or Michael, they can work something out for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I will keep these venues in mine thank you
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Bkyenhulle House B&B in Hopewell Junction. They have outdoor gardens for your ceremony & cocktail hour, the house is gorgeous & they have a very nice ballroom for the reception. It would be perfect for your size wedding and you would have no problems with minimums. Our wedding is this August on a Saturday evening and we're having half the amount of people that you are.
  • edited December 2011

I live in Poughkeepsie and I'm getting married at a church in Newburgh and we aren't doing a formal reception (dinner at Bonefish Grill in Poughkeepsie because my FH needs to have a gluten free meal). Before we figured out what we could afford I wanted to get married at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. They had a pretty good deal (Economic Stimulus Package, not sure if they still have it) but it was about $35-$40 a person and I believe the minimum was 75 people.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Chalet on the Hudson right on 9D.  The food is out of this world......Dutchess Manor doesn't even come close nor do the others.  Not trying to be a snob but I grew up with an Executive chef for a father & have become quite a foodie.  Also, Chalet only hold 1 event per day!  They will even do a tasting for you at no extra charge...the salmon melts in our mouth!

HIGHLY recommend Chalet on the Hudson.  That's where we are going & it's reasonable....less than $70pp.
  • edited December 2011
    I would look into the Dutchess Manor. The food is phenominal. I am getting married there, and I cannot wait for my guests to see what a beautiful venue it is. Its stunning inside and out, and they really cater to their brides. I have attended weddings there, and will be a bride there soon! I can't wait! I am so excited! Check it out! Its your wedding day, hopefully only once, so you want the best, don't you??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards