New York-Hudson Valley

New to board - looking for somewhere to buy MOB dress

Hello everyone!
I am a new Hudson Valley bride. FI and I live in Central Jersey, but I'm from Westchester and we are getting married at the Renaissance Westchester next June (so excited!).
I am looking for any recommendation on where to look for dresses for my mom that are reasonably priced and hopefully open on Saturdays. Hopefully in the Putnam or Westchester.

Thanks!!!
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image

Re: New to board - looking for somewhere to buy MOB dress

• SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!!

I'm from North Jersey, so the only place I can recommend is Bijou Bridal in Paramus. My mom liked the selection there but is still looking. I don't know of any ones in the Hudson Valley area.
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• edited December 2011
    Welcome! Most bridal salons sell Mothers of the Bride dresses. Also, depending on what your Mom's style is: Macy's, Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor and JC Penney all have decent dress selections. Or, she could even get a bridesmaid dress with a jacket. That's what my mom did. She went to David's Bridal and got a bridesmaid dress and a short jacket in lapis (dark purple) It coordinated beautifully with teh cherry Watters' dresses my girls wore. By going through the BM line, it allowed her a bunch more color options. My husband's mom (and my grandmother) both went to JC Penney and got the same dress in a soft beige. You have time, so the best thing is to let your mom look around. Have fun!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress at Nordstrom's and it was great...and not that expensive.
    She went to the Westchester....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I heard Lord and Taylor in Eastchester (lower level) has a lot of dresses right now.
    If you can take a ride out to Long Island-we went on a Saturday-try Estelle's Dressy Dresses.  It is huge! Has dresses for all occasions, lots of MOB.  My mom got a great gown off the rack. GL !

P.S. You can get a $10 off coupon off their website.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards