New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Glen Island or Tarrytown House

Trying to pick between Glen Island and Tarrytown house.  Is one considered nicer or about the same?  Any positives or negatives of either are appreciated

Re: Glen Island or Tarrytown House

• Options
    prshelleyprshelley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to the Tarrytown house, but I am getting married at Glen Island this NYE and so far I have nothing but GREAT things to say! I am working with Jack and he is wonderful! I know a few people that have been married there and everyone was very happy...I think a few posts back you can read someone's vendor reviews, she gave GIHC an A+ :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at the Tarrytown House a few years back and it was absolutely beautiful, the grounds are gorgeous the rooms are beautiful. I loved it there. I would have had mine there if I could afford it haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are both beautiful venues.  I've been to a wedding at each place.  Both venues are very attractive, classy and clean.  Glen Island has great views of the water, and the weather was gorgeous the day of the wedding so we spent most of the cocktail hour outside.  I really liked the windows in the main dining room too; everywhere you look you see the river.  My cousin was married at Tarrytown House and was supposed to have the ceremony and cocktails outside, but unfortunately it poured so we were inside. I think the cocktail hour would have been gorgeous on the estate grounds, judging by the pictures I've seen of the outdoor space.  However, the inside of TH is stunning.  I really liked the interior of the venue; it was very charming and impressive.  I think the food is pretty comparable from what I remember.  I think it comes down what you like better: being in a venue on the water or being in a venue with a mansion/castle feel to it.  Honestly, you can't go wrong with either place! I had a fabulous time at both weddings :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Glen Island Harbour Club in October and it was great! 

Our guests raved about the delicious and abundant food, the excellent and attentive service and the beautiful water view/setting.  We took pictures in the park with different settings: stone 'castle', by the pier/boats, on the lawn etc. Very convenient! 

Our wedding was during the day so we were able to enjoy the view; you don't see much once the sun goes down.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your really can't go wrong with either venue. They're two different "looks" though so pick the one that best suits you and your FH!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards