New York-Hudson Valley

Local Florist

Any recommendations for a florist for the Westchester/Putnam County area that is reasonable but creative?

Re: Local Florist

• edited December 2011

well what do you call reasonable? also most florists will work within your budget provided you tell them what you're looking for and what you're looking to spend, and you're not unrealistic.

we used westchester floral in phelam, they were wonderful.

• xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Westchester Floral Decorators
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Daniel Flowers - Daniel will work with any budget and he's so creative. I'm super excited about using him. He did my sister's wedding 4 yrs ago too!
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • edited December 2011
    We used Dean at Forever in Bloom. He was amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Westchester Floral - go see Danny!
  • edited December 2011
    i am also using daniel flowers. his work looks great, however it takes them a VERY long time to get back to you.
    but he's a good price and offers a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    Monica Chimes.....AMAZING!!  Works within any budget & extremely creative!!  I just found out today that a designer from David Tutera works there now!!  I am super excited!!!
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Bed of Roses in Yonkers, and though they were reasonable, I wasn't completely happy with the flowers on my wedding day. Some turned out great, some were a disappointment.

Plus I needed one less centerpiece then I was originally quoted and the owner would not adjust the price of my flowers. He was so nice and great to work with in the beginning, so I don't understand what happened in the end.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Stop and Shop in Somers for centerpieces.

And used The Flower Boutique in Mahopac for bouquets, bouts and church flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_local-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:adb7e3ac-f60a-465f-bb4b-b492a9170ef1Post:1b40f44d-9964-4e35-ac27-f42dd9554ef7">Re: Local Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am also using daniel flowers. his work looks great, however it takes them a VERY long time to get back to you. but he's a good price and offers a lot.
    Posted by hoopitup4e[/QUOTE]

I agree they take a bit, fortunately I've definitely got time on my side :o) We should be viewing a sample in November!
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your feedback.

Trying to find someone to work with who is reasonably priced. I will contact these recommendations. Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with Westchester Floral!!!! I am working with Vito and he is amazing =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards