New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Officiant Recommendations

I'm getting married next summer in Poughkeepsie, NY and would like to know if anyone could recommend an officiant in the area that they would highly recommend but that is also reaonably priced. 

So far I have heard of Hudson Valley Ceremonies who seems very good and I think I will meet with but wanted to know if anyone would recommend anyone else for me to meet with. 

Thank you!
The future "Mrs. Hassan"

Re: Officiant Recommendations

• Options
    We are using Reverand Naomi from Hudson Valley Ceremonies. I spoke with a few of their officiants, but FI and I really clicked with her. We can't wait to have her officiate!
  • Options
    oh ok very good...I'm actually meeting with Hudson Valley Ceremonies..its our of Rhinebeck, right? I spoke with Jeanne through email & have my first meeting with her though. 
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
  • Options
    We also used reverend Naomi and highly recommend her! She was great to work with and put together a beautiful ceremony.
  • Options
    We are using Jeanne Stark through Hudson Valley Ceremonies, and she's fabulous!  Having never met her before, she was SO nice, and made me feel really comfortable to have her marrying us! :)  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great to hear! Out of all local officiants....do you all find Hudson Valley Ceremonies reasonable? 

They're the first officiant I'm meeting with but it just concerns me because to get married on the outdoor patio at the grandview, we have to pay per person for that and then pay for the officiant......so the thought of should we get married in a church keeps crossing my mind even though we loved the idea of getting married overlooking the Hudson River. 
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
  • Options
    I thought HVC was very affordable, although we don't really have the option of getting married in a church (fiance is not religious), so our options are limited.  If you check out their website they have several packages with pricing listed, and it's true to date, as the package I wanted (phone & e-mail contact--she threw in a free in person consultation, reahersal coordination and filing the marriage license) was the same price listed on the website. She also can tell you if she's performed ceremonies at your venue before.  She's performed a lot at ours, which was nice to hear.  Definitely recommend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks for the advice!
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
  • Options
    Dorothy Muson /Modern Ceremonies
    http://www.modernceremonies.com
  • Options
    Jeanne Stark of Hudson Valley Ceremonies simply could not be better!  Such a smart, experienced, kind person.  We were thrilled to have her marry us last November and many of our guests mentioned what a wonderful officiant she was.

She can help you personalize your ceremony so that it truly will feel like your day.  

• Options
    great, we look forward to meeting with Jeanne Stark and Dorothy! Two great officiants to choose from...thanks everyone for your recommendations, it's really been a great help! 
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards