Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Danversport Yacht Club??

has anyone had their reception in the lighthouse room? there doesn't appear to be a dance floor. Does anyone know?

Re: Danversport Yacht Club??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into the lighthouse room when we were planning.  The dance floor is there; it's in the middle of all of the tables.  It's just really small
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my jr. prom there in 1987...a long, long time ago!  there was a dance floor then and the deck off the back was great.  we had a great time there....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Top Secret, I think you might be talking about the Balroom upstairs.  The Lighthouse Point room is downstairs and I believe fits 60-100 people.   I think there's a very small dance floor but the photo of that room looks beautiful.  We're getting maried in the Garden Terrace (also downstairs) which fits 100-225. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Danvers  and loved the Ball Room but hated the Lighthouse room.  Personally I would not go with it, way too small unless you have a really small wedding.  I had 86 people and it would not have worked.
    Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we looked at the Danversport Yacht Club and had to look at the downstairs hall b/c of the number of guests we have coming, it was either the garden terrace room or the lighthouse room (forget which), however, I didn't really like it b/c it was a bit smaller, dark, and you had to share the bathroom w/the other room downstairs and the restaurant, which I didn't like.  The ballroom is beautiful, but I believe you need to have at least 200 guests, which we don't have.  I wouldn't recommend the downstairs halls, but if you have enough guests, definitely do the ballroom
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_danversport-yacht-club-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:07caf705-8727-49da-b64a-7fd8ed7151a9Post:41818790-5dc8-4ed6-99df-29cc75baa802">Re: Danversport Yacht Club??</a>:
    [QUOTE]we looked at the Danversport Yacht Club and had to look at the downstairs hall b/c of the number of guests we have coming, it was either the garden terrace room or the lighthouse room (forget which), however, I didn't really like it b/c it was a bit smaller, dark, and you had to share the bathroom w/the other room downstairs and the restaurant, which I didn't like. <u><strong> The ballroom is beautiful, but I believe you need to have at least 200 guests,</strong></u> which we don't have.  I wouldn't recommend the downstairs halls, but if you have enough guests, definitely do the ballroom
    Posted by sunflower331[/QUOTE]

We got married at DYC in the ballroom.  You dont have to have a certain number of guests, but you do have to meet a food minimum.  For the ballroom it is 25K on season and 18K off season.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    looplaloopla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the lighthouse room, it's very light and bright with the windows and the connecting patio area is great! They have one single bathroom within the room, but the other bathroom is I guess shared with the restaurant. And the dance floor is between the tables and also a bit towards the bar, and hey, could spill into the outside patio too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at them and even sent them an inquiry, but when they didn't even put the right name at the top of the response I decided if they couldn't even get my name right what other details migt they miss. 

Best of luck, I thought the view was georgeous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Garden Terrace Room downstairs has it's own bathroom that is not shared with the restaurant or other function room.  As so many people had that concern it was one of our questions that was answered before we even had the chance to ask. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards