Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Anyone been to Norrth Conway area,NH? What to do around there?

Since everyone is so helpful on here I would like to ask for some bed and breakfast recomendations. I'm trying to plan a weekend getaway for my fiance's b-day. I'm not from the area so any advice would be helpful. Or any where else you recommend besides North Conway?
Thanks

Re: Anyone been to Norrth Conway area,NH? What to do around there?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some great outlets in North Conway and some smaller cute shops. The only thing I've done up there was shopping but I'm sure there's other outside stuff to do.

Personally, I love Maine. We go to York/Ogunquit/Kennebunk at least 3 times a year. There's of course the beautiful beach but in the off season there's also great shopping, excellent restaurants and fun outdoor activities.

We recently stayed at the Holiday Guest House B&B in Wells which is right next to Ogunquit. I would highly recommend that B&B.

http://www.holidayguesthousebnb.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also you can take a tour of the adventure suite hotel, we just walked in and they showed us all the rooms that weren't taken  http://www.adventuresuites.com/
    we needed up staying there a few months after we took a short tour def. do it :) also check out the outlets, check out the sleigh great thing to do after dinner   http://www.northconwaynh.com/winterfun_sleighrides.html

good luck have fun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can find awesome B&B deals on vacation outlet dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Jackson Inn a few years ago and loved it! We've been back each year since and stayed over at the Nordic Village condos, there's alot to do, tons of cutsy shops in Conway, Outlets in North Conway, lots of restaurants all around Jackson and Conway. Skiing, snowshoeing, skating, etc. Lots of places to stop and see the views, there's day trips for moose and bear sitings.. The people up there are super nice, if your looking for ideas ask a local and they can help too!

If you go on the loop in Jackson, just past the bend take a right up the hill over the little river and there's a waterfall with a walking bridge, overlooking the mountains! beautiful!  We were just there a few weeks ago and found this little spot and loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a house in OGT that my aunt rents... walking distance to all the cute things (plus cable and internet)....

I dont remember much of North Conway as I was there for a rugby tourney and drunk the entire time..... but I do recall it being fun

opps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI rented a room at the snowflake inn a couple years ago...we LOVED it.  It's in Jackson only a short drive from the outlets.  We basically stayed around the Inn though.  We went during the fall so it was nice to just walk and bike (there's a covered bridge and a little country store within walking distance from the place).  Our room had a jacuzzi in it.  And there was a nice community room with a fireplace and homemade treats out during the day!  It was a little pricey, but we did a weekend package that included a nice dinner out and an in room couples massage.  I would highly recomend the place!

http://www.thesnowflakeinn.com/
  • Options
    blaharnblaharn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The FI and I spend a lot of time up that way, especially in the winter. We have friends that live in Jackson, NH. It's absolutely beautiful! The Inn at Thorn Hill is fabulous and right in Jackson.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got engaged in North Conway. Its our little getaway. Check out Cathedral Ledge, thats where he popped the question. The shopping is so-so. outlets dont have really any other sales that the normal stores didnt have. the hotel in the outlets was very nice and where we stay though

But for breakfast go to Blueberry Muffin. Its a brilliant place. We go there about 5 times a year.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh go visit Zeb's. Its a general store and its brilliant. I spend like $40 there every time i go...and that gets you a lot
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards