New York-Hudson Valley

Narrowed it down to 3 DJ's- Domenic, Next Generation and Jimmy Dee...any input?

I have narrowed our DJ search down to 3 DJ's - DJ Domenic, Next Generation and Jimmy Dee. We have met in person with Domenic and Sonny at NG and we still have to meet with Jimmy Dee this week in person but I wanted to know if anyone had any input on using any one of these 3 or who they would choose out of the 3. As of right now, we're leaning towards Next Generation but we do still have to meet with Jimmy Dee in person...so any suggestions will be helpful, thank you!

The future "Mrs. Hassan"

Re: Narrowed it down to 3 DJ's- Domenic, Next Generation and Jimmy Dee...any input?

• I would HIGHLY recommend Next Generation! I have been to at least 3 weddings that they have DJ'd and I loved the atmosphere at all of them! They had the crowd dancing all night, played great music and they have a great staff! I have heard really mixed things about Jimmy Dee but I have never heard his music personally.
  • I was between Next Generation and Jimmy Dee -- even though they were a little more money for the package we wanted, we went with Jimmy Dee! They just made us feel more comfortable and secure about everything, and Next Generation seemed a little antiquated (they don't use computers) and they seemed to be a little more into the techno/house kind of music, which personally is not what we wanted for our wedding. GOOD LUCK! We are going with Alex from Jimmy Dee, and I know Neal, another MC, personally and he's a great guy too. If Jimmy Dee can only offer you Patsy, I would say you should probably go with Next Generation or the other DJ you have in mind!
    Anniversary
  • thank you for all the input. We liked Jimmy Dee but he was just a bit over the very top of our budget and Next Generation was able to offer us a better package within our budget since we're getting married Thursday July 4th 2013 so we booked Next Generation! Thank you for all your input though!! 
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_narrowed-it-down-to-3-djs-domenic-next-generation-and-jimmy-deeany-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:bb521f97-1721-4973-bf2c-9d77eed83552Post:bb5704f5-e769-491e-bba0-d17e127bdc25">Re: Narrowed it down to 3 DJ's- Domenic, Next Generation and Jimmy Dee...any input?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also don't want to mix you up too much, but I am using DJ Serg. He is based out of White Plains, and he is AMAZING! I had recommendations for him from at least 5 people! Read the reviews on The Knot. He is great if you are interested in talking to one more!
    Posted by mmarsden83[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto to Serg!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Friends of ours have used Jimmy Dee & Next Generation. The music at both weddings were good but we liked Serg more. </div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To PP: Jimmy Dee isn't a person. We used Alex from Jimmy Dee and were thrilled.

The wedding we went to with DJ Serg was the worst ever  - but I hate club and techno music.
    imageimageimage
  • DJ Domenic ALL the way!  He just did our wedding last month and ALL of our guests were SO impressed by him and his music choices.  He kept the dance floor filled the entire night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards