New York-Hudson Valley

Question re: Ceremony Rehearsal...

Ok so my rehearsal is set up - however I am not having the officiant attend
the rehearsal as it is going to cost me another $150 for him to show up
so that's a no go.!!!

The venue said that they normally do the run thru -- it's either the Manager or the day of coordinator the venue is providing me.

That said, when doing the rehearsal is it bascially a run thru of timing the attendants going down the aisle etc etc?....If I'm having 2 readings done....they don't have to actually rehearse the reading do they?

We can't have a rehearsal dinner now since I had to make the time later because of everyone and their busy schedules w/ work. I apparently have the busiest wedding party walking on the face of the earth! Never a dull moment in my wedding planning!

I'm just wondering if anyone can guide me on what to expect? I guess I can always call my officiant but he's not going to be there anyway so I'd rather ask my greatest source and that's YOU GUYS Kiss
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question re: Ceremony Rehearsal...

• edited December 2011
    Personally I think it's very important that the officiant be there. 
    We went though everything, walking in, where everyone was to sit, readers did the readings, everything but the actual vows.   Our pianist wouldn't come and it was a big problem because the soloist and her never had a chance to practice (soloist lived in another state and was only in NY starting the day of the rehearsal).
    Our whole rehearsal lasted about a half hour/ 45 minutes.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What the..???? I wrote a whole post today at work and it must not have posted.

Our rehersal did not have the officiant. The coordinator went thorugh the walking and the ins and outs but the readers did not go through the readings.  i don't remember how long it was.

My friend got married in 08 and i was a BM...her wedding was in a church and they did the whole thing soup to nuts including readings.

So, i think whatever you are comfortable with
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Do what you want and feel you may need!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards