New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding Dress....Town Shop

If you gals would like a great bridal selection and service, go to The Town Shop in Poughkeepsie. We bought an gorgeous wedding gown for our daughter there . Her wedding was last weekend in the Langham Hotel in Boston. She always knew that she'd purchase her gown from the Town Shop even after looking at many places in Boston.

Her gown was satin, had a long train and was embellished with swarovski crystals, and pearls. It wasn't overdone. It was stunning. She looked like a snow princess. She also ordered her bridesmaids gowns there as well. They were long and in plum satin.  Her matron-of-honor became pregnant during the spring and was 8 months pregnant at the time of the wedding!  Cathy at the Town Shop was very understanding and ordered her a new gown, in the same material and color. They actually had to totally re-make the gown. It was beautiful.

Our daughter's gown was a show stopper. The alterations, veil, and tiara were all beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Town Shop in Poughkeepsie for all wedding needs.

Re: Wedding Dress....Town Shop

• Good to hear! I just bought my dress there last weekend for my wedding in August. My mom and I were really happy with the service and the sales woman threw in the bustle for free and sent us home with a bottle of wine to celebrate the purchase. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a good experience, but I did not receive good service there, the sales consultants were rude and not accomodating (to me) and 3 of my very close friends who have gotten married and got their gown and their BP's dresses there, they also felt the same way. Maybe things are changing....
    Also, I've heard before that they send out the dresses that they alter, which may matter to some who don't want their dress leaving the shop that they drop it off at. Just FYI!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I am also glad to hear that people some people are having good experiences there in hopes that they are changing.  When I went it was awful.  The owner was yelling at one of the salewomen and telling her that he wanted everyone out of the store because no one wanted to work so he was going to close early.  Then I was pretty much shunned away because my budget was $500.  I didn't know that their dresses started at $1k.  I think I was there for less than 15 minutes.  I could go on about things that happened that day and another time when I had to order a dress there for a wedding that I was in.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am also happy you had a great experience at the Town Shoppe. I've bought a few prom dresses there years ago... about 10 years! The service drastically changed. I felt everyone was rude there. When I went they were having a trunk show, and everyone seemed so frazzled. There was negative energy in the air. I told the woman helping me what I liked and disliked, and I felt she wasn't even paying attention. I was in the dressing room waiting for her to come back with a gown I had seen on someone else for over 20 minutes, and I ended up getting dressed and just leaving. There's more that had happened, but at least you had a good experience!!!! Maybe they seen what some of us brides had written about them on here, and chose to change their attitudes!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Happ to hear you had such a good experience there.  I got my gown there and my BM got theirs also.  They were wonderful to work with.  My sales consultant was fabulous and really listened and was able to help me find the perfect gown.  I love them
  • I guess they pick and choose who they like I will not ever recommend them...i am glad you had a great experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards