Massachusetts-Boston

where did you get your invites?

I'm curious where everyone got their invites. I have ordered several samples online, and although I do like some it seems so expensive. I have to order 150 invites, maybe that's what's making it all seem so expensive.....but it kills me to pay $1,000 for invitations before even buying stamps.

Re: where did you get your invites?

• edited December 2011
    I got mine at weddingpaperdivas.com You are probably quicker on the uptake than I was but remember the number of people you are inviting is not necessarily the number of invitations you need.  The happiest day ever (budget-wise) was when it finally dawned on me that 114 people did not equal 114 invitations. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Alaun by Design, www.alaunbydesign.com   They're great and really affordable, definitely under $1000, mine are about $300 for 95
  • edited December 2011
    Also did alchemy on etsy $1000 seems outrageous for invites unless that is extremely important to you. Used seller daisiesndoodlebugs
  • edited December 2011
    I did Etsy as well  for less than $400. I used MapleMountainDesigns for all my paper stuff and have been very pleased with Diane's work!
  • jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Discount Invitations USA - http://discount.cceasy.com/I think we paid about $300 for everything.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Our invitations were from Papyrus, but all other products were from MapleMountainDesigns on etsy (same as KTen).  I agree that Diane (who runs that shop) is fantastic to work with.good luck!
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • edited December 2011
    Etsy seller Serendipity Beyond Design ... I believe Beyond Design is the shop name if you search it ...
  • edited December 2011
    Jilly-- Had you considered making your own?!  Several girls here have attempted the impossible and come out with some SPECTACULAR designs.  BostonBride919 comes to mind immediatly, but also EriLouBoston and others.  for places, i would really sit down with yourself and (maybe) FI, and decide what you are really LOOKING for.  There are SO many ideas online.  Think, colors, designs, themes, etc.  maybe that will help narrow your search--- towards to lower end of $1000. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered from myjeanm.com. The total was under 400 for 100 unassembled invitations. You can pay more and they will assemble them for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I designed mine in Powerpoint (with the help of a friend) and did my invites (130 of them), all my menu cards, place card setting tags, direction cards and programs for under $200!  We ordered beautiful card stock and had them all professionally cut and scored for easy folding...still all under $200.
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours from William Arthur (at Papyrus)...There was a deal that was going on when we were looking, but we still ended up paying around 2500 for everything (double envelopes lined, response cards, directions, map, invitation, accomodations card). That probably doesn't help, but we were thrilled with how they ended up coming out. I'll also put a plug in for ESTY...We used a vendor to do some signs for our wedding who also does invitations. We saw some samples she did and they were better than some of the professional ones I have seen. She can do everything and her designs are unique, and she can also customize whatever you want. Her name was pinkavenuebride. She was very reasonable as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I used etsy seller designerpi. I used double sided invites and RSVP postcards, saved a ton on paper and postage. I was sooo happy with them.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Etsy and would highly recommend it.  I got several samples online as well, and wasn't as impressed with them and they were way more expensive.  We paid around $330 for 100 invites and extra cards.  Info on seller and pics in bio.
  • Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had ETSY seller diybridedesigns design my invites in PDF form and then I had them printed and cut at a print shop on paper that I had ordered. I ordered my pocketfolds and paper from cardsandpockets.com.  I think in total with postage for 100 invites was just udner $400
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours from Discount Invitations USA. Very good quality and very reasonably priced. I think we paid $285 for 150 invites, outer envelopes with return address printed on back flap, lined inner envelopes, RSVP cards, and RSVP envelopes with our address printed on the front. PIB under Paper/DIY [URL] <a href="http://discount.cceasy.com" rel='nofollow'>http://discount.cceasy.com</a> [/URL]
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I made mine myself! I spent about $300 on paper and envelopes plus some printer cartridges, but I made 140 invitations and still have a ton of paper left for programs, placecards, menus, and any other paper products I can think of. It's a labor of love and definitely intense, but it's so rewarding when you are complimented. The biggest compliment I got was from FI's coworker- he told FI that we must have paid a fortune for our invitations ;)
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • edited December 2011
    i did www.annsbridalbargains.com. Paid $140 for 100 invites, and envelope seals.  Their customer service was helpful too, because I made some changes.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine were mostly DIY with the help of printing from William Arthur and paper from cardsand pockets.com
  • edited December 2011
    I placed an alchemy request on Etsy.  I ended up using Lindsey Petlak.  Her business name is Lindsey Ryan Design.  I got amazing pocktfold invitations for extremely cheap!  They came out so good!  The invites went out on Monday and I have had a crazy amount of people cave or text me to rave about the invites.  Check her out!  And If you don't like her stuff you should out a request up on Etsy of exactly what your looking for.  I got 21 bids on mine.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so tired I can't type right :)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from [url=http://www.cardsandpockets.com]Cards and Pockets[/url].  They printed them from our design, and cut the pieces to size.  We then assembled them.
  • htibor5htibor5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from www.lcipaper.com 75 invite kits (backer, insert and envelope), 100 starfish accesory, 100 response cards, 100 response envelopes for about $185.  Then went and spent about $10-15 on some cute paper for hotel/direction inserts.  I also recommend signing up for some email lists from the invitation website.  That way you will get coupons for discounts and free shipping.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at emerald invitations. THey were so nice. There are discounts on all the invitation books. And actually,. after choosing one invitation I saw one I love hanging on the wall for display and asked about it. TUrned out to be custom made by them and cheaper!!!Tara
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think 1k is really thaaat high for 150 invites, especially if you want top of the line paper and such. However, I recommend working with Angela at Love Luxe and Bliss in Walpole, MA. She works through reliable, excellent companies and carries all the old standards like Kate Spade and Vera. We used Candelight Collection.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I will add that I agree with Meghan that 1000 is not absurd for 150 invitations, but it all depends on what you want to spend your money on!  There are definitely beautiful invitations for less.  But if you want very heavy cardstock, multiple layers, thermography or letterpress printing....  Well then, those things are pricey.  It's not a question of getting ripped off; it's more a question on whether it's worth it to you.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • bonniebelle33bonniebelle33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used weddingpaperidivas.com and used a coupon off of retailmenot.com for 10% off.   
  • edited December 2011
    All of my paper stuff is coming from Invitations & Company. Arlene is such an awesome resource, plus she's wicked nice.  She does custom work, but she can totally work within a budget.[url]<a href="http://www.bestinvite.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.bestinvite.com/</a>[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine from theamericanwedding.com. I was very happy with the price and the quality. I bought my thank you cards from weddingpaperdivas.com. I loved the quality of those so I would recommend them, assuming their wedding invitations are the same. They were a little more expensive that american wedding but still not crazy.
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I designed my own and am printing, cutting and assembling them myself. I'll have probably spent about $200 once I pay for postage. It was more important to me to have something personal to FI and I than to have stuff like embossing, and I love this kind of project. But ask me if I still love it when I have 100 invites, rsvps, and reception cards to cut out. ;)
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am designing and making our invitations.  We looked online for a style/look we liked and the one I fell in love with would have cost around $2k.  Instead I drew or traced all of the illustrations myself (still working on some) and created all of the wording/typing/layout in MS Word.  I'm ordering linen cardstock and envelopes from paperandmore.com.   Based on our initial mock up they will consist of: Dark Brown linen outer envelope with white calligraphy Ivory linen cardstock for the flat invitation & inserts with dark brown ink (matches envelope color); inserts: reply card, accommodations card, prewedding party invitation, postwedding brunch invitation, shuttle bus information card and reception card (6 inserts total) Ivory paper for map/directions insertDark Brown envelope with white calligraphy for reply card Total for 100 invitations is about $150.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards