Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Konditor Meister vs. Montilio's

Hi Ladies, So My venue gives us a choice between Konditor Meister and Montilio's. I am not sure who to use. Any rants and raves would be great! I herd go with Konditor Meister if looks are most important and go with Montilio's if taste is most important to you!!! I need Help!!!

Re: Konditor Meister vs. Montilio's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    From previous discussions on this topic, it's really come down to personal preference. I think last time it was pretty much 50/50.  I think your best bet is to try both and see which one you like best. :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Neither!  They're both cake factories!  Over priced and bad customer service.  Try smaller places!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i also say neither! they were both included in my package but I also thought they were both cake factories with no attention to detail. I have tasted both their cakes and I think there is nothing great about either one of them. I an using cakes to remember, great attention to details and the cakes are to amazing!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Montilio's and honestly, I would never choose them again. The cake was delicious, but they are unprofessional and they screwed up the design on our cake, so bad that we thought it wasn't our cake when it was delivered. The cake was important to us and they definitely let it slip through the cracks. I am aware of three other brides who had similar types of problems with them. Thus, if you have the choice, I would go for Konditor Meister.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate how so many venues make you choose between the two - ours did - and we chose Montilios because of taste.  Both had miserable customer service.  Montilios was terrible to work with long distance - they never returned any emails and it was hard to get in touch - finally designed my cake after well over a month of badgering them.  They did make an absolutely stunning cake - and I was very pleased - except they got some of the details off.  I asked for a mostly black and white cake with pops of plum (I sent pictures of the exact color) and yellow -- and for some reason there was more lavender in there than anything - and I also sent the exact monogram - and it wasn't even close to that.  I mean they got the essence of what we wanted - but definitely could have been closer to what we asked for.  On top of that they never told us how to pay so the morning of we were frantically calling wondering if a cake was going to show up.  They also ended up charging us over $100 more than they quoted me (just in passing in one email) -- which they supposedly took care of right away.  It was just a headache.
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Konditor and although it gets bad reviews on here, I really liked their cakes, and we got great service when we went for our tasting. Some of the flavors were not great, but the ones we picked were very yummy. We chose strawberry grand marnier (white cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh strawberry filling), tiramisu, and carrot cake for the top. I was impressed because I forgot to tell them FI has a wheat allergy, so I was worried he wouldn't have anything to taste. The girl we worked with brought out a gluten free chocolate decadence cake for him to try and said they would throw in a free one for him along with our regular cake, and it would feed 20 people. Like PP have said, it really comes down to personal preference. I'm not a cake expert, but I liked what I tasted, which is all that matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an amazing experience with Montilio's and I highly recommend them (review in bio under vendor reviews and pics of actual cake in bio under cake). Our venue also gave us the choice between KM and Montilio's, and when we went to KM we felt rushed, unappreciated, and honestly weren't that impressed with the cake. Our consultant couldn't have been more uninterested in us. When we went to Montilio's, though, we actually met with the owner (blanking on his first name right now) and he was amazing. He spent a good deal of time with us helping us design our cake and figuring out how to get the flavor I wanted (I liked one of their flavors but wanted to add a little chocolate to it). The staff was also very helpful throughout the entire process and very pleasant to work with. In the end, our cake was exactly what we wanted, if not better than we imagined, and it was delicious. Everyone raved about it! Like pp said, though, it's usually 50/50 on here on who likes which place better. I would just check both out and see which you think tastes better, seems better to work with, etc. GL!
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Montilio's. We had a great experience and people raved about our cake. The customer service I got was great and I completely created my cake from scratch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have the choice of Montilios.   Now I rem Them as a great Cake store.  They used to have a store in Quincy center,  I got a birthday cake there once.  I am happy about it.  my MOH lives cclose to the Brockton store.  So hopefully if needed she can cattle prod them.    I have had quite a few KM cakes and they are always good as well.    I would try them both.    I would also go to both on the same day and buy a few cupcakes.  same flavors or close to it  and have a blind taste test at home.  Maybe invite a few people over..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue also offered a choice beween KM and Montilio's.  Although Anyalee is on to something, I wouldn't ever pay an additional $2.50 pp cake cutting fee on top of the cost of the cake.  I'm not a Rockafeller.We tried some KM samples as a bridal show and hated it.  We took one bit of each sample and promptly threw them away in disgust.  I'm not a cake person, but DH is.  He felt it was too sweet and too dry, and very low on genuine flavor.  Actually, he said they tasted like dirt.  We also had some amazing samples from Ivy's, but again, I wanted to avoid the cake cutting fee.We had a tasting with Montiio's soon after.  My DH loved the taste of their cake.  The person helping us was very informed and attentive.  We placed our order and the person drew a spec of our cake.  Done.Then at the 1 month mark, we decided to make the cake look more modern.  The communication at this point was pretty bad, but at the end, we got the exact cake we wanted.  I don't give them too much credit, as it is pretty difficult to mess up a plain 5 tier square cake with white buttercream. The post-wedding communication has been horrible.  The cake flavors were great, but I have no idea what they were.  We want to start ordering the same cake for our anniversaries, but we have no idea what to order.  I lost the copy of the original spec order shhet, and I have conveyed this to Michelle, many many times, but she refuses to comply with my simple request.  Just tell me the flavors and I will guarantee you years of loyal patronage, you idiot!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing KM and couldn't be happier. My sister got married a couple weeks ago, and originally her venue used someone else for cakes - a small, independent baker. Well, they (the venue) had so many problems with her that they ended up switching to KM. At first my sister was nervous, because, as you can see from the responses, she heard mixed things about them. But her cake was AMAZING - the most beautiful cake I've ever seen at a wedding. They took the invitation I designed, and made it into a cake! I was more than impressed, and it tasted fantastic - here's a picture! [img]http://tinyurl.com/nr92dd[/img] There's another one in my blog of them cutting it - and a picture of the invite - they matched perfectly! Cake (like anything in a wedding) is a personal decision - check out both bakeries and make the call based on how you feel! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We often get KM cakes for special events (birthdays, christenings etc) in my family and we have always been thrilled with them.
  • Options
    kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we chose montilio's from past experience and I'm into the taste, although our cake was pretty as well. I thought their customer service was great. We did the cake tasting in Quincy and couldn't be happier with our choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter's venue also gave the choice of Montillio's or KM.  Although we loved the cakes at Montillio's, they were going to charge a lot more for the flowers on top of the cake and we had to supply our own ribbon. They also didn't offer us any water or coffe to have while tasting.  She chose KM because she & Her husbands favorite flavor is the strawberry granmarnier... and they supplied the ribbon and the flowers for the top were 1/2 the price of Montillio's.  Her cake was amazing.  Tasted delicous and was absolutely gorgeous!  As you can see from the posts, it is about  50/50.........  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have gone to events like birthday parties and family parties and have always love Km cakes.  I was excited to for the cake tasting.  However it was terrible!  the customer service was not good ,not to mention the women we met with had a cold and did the sniffling thing every 10 seconds, it was gross! We are using M and so far have been happy with the service and the taste, the wedding is next week and I will post reviews after.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i couldn't have been happier with KM - the tasting was amazing, and we ended up choosing a different flavor for each layer, all amazing, and so many compliments from our guests.  easy to work with, and they let us design our own - when i saw it the day of, it was exactly as i imagined!  i have pics on fb, but i cant figure out how to post them...grr...i'll work on it.  also, if you dont want to go with montilios or km, my bm's used donna's in west roxbury for the shower cake and it was amazing, as good if not better than KM, and they matched the picture on the invite perfectly (just as km matched the scrollwork from my diy paper stuff) - good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards