Massachusetts-Boston
Options

South Shore (Duxbury, Kingston, Plymouth area) Shower Suggestions?

Suggestions for a wedding shower location in/around Duxbury/Plymouht/Kingston? I know my mother is looking, and I wanted to help her out. A restaurant that would do finger sandwiches and drinks inexpensively or a function space where we could bring in our own food would be ideal. Thanks!!
Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012

Re: South Shore (Duxbury, Kingston, Plymouth area) Shower Suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Inn at Scituate Harbor just reopened and they said they'd let us use the kitchen for our next morning brunch and have people sit on the patio over looking the water and stuff (they aren't fully open yet but should be soon)   St. Mary's church hall (also in Scituate) is here my FMIL is having our rehearsal dinner and we're bringing it outside food (and beer and wine)  And of course there's a place that wasn't big enough for our wedding but I can't remember the name off the top of my head but it was South Shore really inexpensive and it was on the water also. It was a restaurant that had a function room. I have it written in "the book" I can look it up when I get home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    stoneforge in plymouth, pj's country house in scituate, the fieldston in marshfield
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fairview Inn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind Marshfield, the Venus II is very inexpensive and they have a nice function room.  I had DH's surprise 40th b-day there. www.venus2.com
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our moms at ours at the Knights of Columbus hall in Middleboro (my stepfather's council!) so we could bring our own food in. Super cheap, loved it.Obviously there are Knights Halls in Kingston and.....somewhere else I think too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Kingston KofC is a good space, I used to go to many of my mom's friend's parties there. It's not very "showery" but Royal Garden has that private room behind the bar (oh, drama club cast parties, how I miss thee). I'll keep thinking, I feel so out of touch with the area now...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I think we filched plenty of tea cups for the make up room there...

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure they're still in the makeup room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI - Stoneforge in Plymouth just recently closed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a bummer about Stone Forge. My folks and my fiance's folks had dinner there together last month. Too bad--Bert's is really a part of Plymouth to me. I hope someone else takes it over and makes it great.

• Options
    jyllyokjyllyok member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in scituate near the atlantica is the light house inn. really pretty and on the water. you can bring in your own food and booze
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards