Massachusetts-Boston

Engagement Session digital negatives question

So I finally thought I found the photographer we want to hire that met our criteria (8 hours, DVD with images and engagement session) at our budget.  I was pretty psyched about it until I got the contract and a note from them.  He told me to be aware that the digital negatives for the engagement session are not included and we'd have to order from them or buy the images in a CD.  I assumed if they were already giving us DVD for the wedding, they'd also include the engagement session photos, too, and they didn't bring that up at our interview.Is this a common practice?  I've seen engagement session prices from $150 to $300, do those include the images on DVD or just the shooting session?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Engagement Session digital negatives question

• edited December 2011
    our e-session was $500 and it included the images on CD
  • edited December 2011
    Our e-pics were part of our package (they are $250 otherwise) and include a disc with all the high res images
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was $250 and includes digital negatives on DVD
  • edited December 2011
    Our E-session is $150/hour and includes all the images on a CD.  Did you sign the contract yet?  My fiance and I are on a pretty tight budget and found a *Great* photographer who is very affordable.  We're getting 8 hours and a DVD with all images, some touched up for under $1500.  If you want, email me at staceyc828 @ gmail.com and I can send you her contact info.
  • edited December 2011
    Stacey - Thanks!  YGM!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Buzzbee1Buzzbee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem I get the DVD for the wedding so I assumed I would get it for the engagement pictures! We just had them done on Saturday I am waiting to hear how much they are going to cost me to get them on a cd should be interesting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards